• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I'll be interested to see how these would have performed as mining cards seeing as the designs would have been signed off at the height. Nvidia may still have been hoping to cash in on that.

probably not much better than a 3090 as bandwidth isn't a massive jump between the 2 , it would not have doubled the hash rate .

Mining is dead, Long live the Gaming :D

Last edited:
Sod it... just bit the bullet and bought a MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 1000W 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power

sold my 1000w superflower leadex platinum for £100

Just incase because its knocking on a bit now I belive the pcie's on it only kick out 100w each

Better safe than sorry I suppose

Not looking forward to re wiring my pc tho

A buddy of my says cable management is theraputic..... I think he's got a screw loose because I hate doing it lol

Super flower\EVGA have already said the 1000W supply is ok.
And why buy one with out a 12 pin?

I have the EVGA 1000 G2(which is a super flower) and that will be ok for my 4090.

Last edited:
I am trying to educate people here again and again. 8pin pcie is not the same standard as 8 pin on psu side!!! That why most psu manufacturers give you 2x8pin pcie on a single 8pin connector on psu side(in the box).
Because Nvidia gives you an adapter to standard pcie and not a psu cable, they have to keep stanard of 150W per connector.
And this is the point I way trying to make yet you tried to make out I was talking rubbish by telling me to have a think.

Yes a lot of PSUs share the EPS12v with the PCI-E socket on the PSU but not all do as 150w is the requirement they must meet to gain the ATX 2.2 standard and this is why Nvidia and AIBs give you the adaptor with more than two PCI-E connections!

theres a difference of opinion here, 450w corresponds to 2.8 gigs and looks like the 4090 has a lot of headroom when it comes to overclockability, 3,45ghz seems to the bios limit though and thermals are looking promising as well.. also leaked amd numbers arent making much sense either - tpu states 12288 shaders, 768 tmus, 256 rops, 192 rt cores on 350mm2.. it looks like one of those rx vega hype trains

the rumours are coming from an assumption that the AMD cards will have less shaders but they run approx x1.4 faster than nv cuda cores in raster. therefore, like for like someone has assumed that the AMD cards will be running at just under 4ghz with 12288 shaders.

I'll have to watch this later to see exactly what was said but MLID has a habit of saying contradictory things, sometimes in the same video.
Didn't MLID also say Arc is cancelled? You'd think that's a career-defining mistake, like Adored's "Zen 2 will boost to 5ghz". Yet he soldiers on like he never got anything wrong. At least Adored has die analysis besides leaks. MLID has... interviews?

If he can make a living from it fair play. I don't hate any of them, the only one I give most stick to is Jay as he's terrible. The way I see it is if you can do better then crack on..

They are forms of entertainment I would not take much of what is shared to a high standard and they say it plenty of times on their shows 'grain of salt' etc. People get far too riled up by it.

First gen leadex only has 100w output per slot

Wait seriously? I just got a new P2 1600W so the max I can pull is 475W? Do you have a source on this?

Edit: Looks like the P2 1600 does 120W so that would be 555W max with 4 8 Pins.

Edit 2: It says the 12V rail can do the full 1600 Watts so I don't think this is an issue
220-P2-1600-X1_EN.jpg

Last edited:
Latest MLID video

Some bits he claims from his sources

* There is a lot of RTX4090 stock for launch day and the cards are unlikely to sell out on the 1st day

* Reviewers MLID spoke to are very impressed; the 4090 is average 80% faster than the 3090 in rasterisation games and 100% faster in ray traced games.

* The 4090 is much better at power management and doesn't have lots of huge transient spikes like the 3090 and reviewers say if your system can handle a 3090 already you can just drop a 4090 in. The 4090 also apparently undervolts very well.

* MLID also says there will be no 4090ti or Titan, it's been cancelled because Nvidia doesn't think AMD can touch the 4090. The full AD102 GPU would have had a 600w to 700w TDP and being four slots and test models in the lab had overheating problems

MLID also has released photos of a FE 4070 (in the video)

This guy is the most popular fan fiction writer in tech

Back
Top Bottom