• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I think what your also forgetting this time as that all 3 cards will be above 1k and only one of them is any good so that's where the demand will go.

I said it ages ago, Eventually we'll see a xx70 card near or above a £1000 price point, The 4080 12GB at £950 which is in reality a 4070 based on its specs compared to the 16GB variant is that card.

I can see the "official" 4070 being in the £700 ball park, Sad to think the xx70 class was once the go to higher end budget card.

I said it ages ago, Eventually we'll see a xx70 card near or above a £1000 price point, The 4080 12GB at £950 which is in reality a 4070 based on its specs compared to the 16GB variant is that card.

I can see the "official" 4070 being in the £700 ball park, Sad to think the xx70 class was once the go to higher end budget card.

Same can be applied to anything though, it's inevitable as inflation and currency devaluation grinds on.

We'll see 4pints of milk for £2 soon. Eventually, we'll see a 4pint of milk for £2.50!

Also best to buy the performance of card you can afford and not get too hung up on specs of names. Hopefully Nvidia change the naming structure next generation so we don't see so many entitled people wanting a 2080,3080 class GPU for £500 with a specific spec.

Same can be applied to anything though, it's inevitable as inflation and currency devaluation grinds on.

We'll see 4pints of milk for £2 soon. Eventually, we'll see a 4pint of milk for £2.50!

Also best to buy the performance of card you can afford and not get too hung up on specs of names. Hopefully Nvidia change the naming structure next generation so we don't see so many entitled people wanting a 2080,3080 class GPU for £500 with a specific spec.

Peoples wages in the UK aren't going up to meet this inflation though that's the problem, If anything they've gone down, Luxury items such as GPU's aside this type of ever increasing inflation is how a society goes down the toilet. I do work at several food banks and we now have full time working parents visiting several times per week, That shouldn't be happening in a 1st world country no matter the amount of verbal and mental gymnastics done by politicians.

Last edited:
*If* these things are offering ~80% real uplift once reviewers cut through all the software gimmicks, I may pick one up. (Eventually) I still want to see if AMD has something to say.

Even if AMD stay silent, I want to know the little differences between the various 4090 versions before I chose which one I want.

At 80% raw performance uplift, I'm interested, but still not day-one-F5 insta-buy.

Last edited:
Here's a quote from Gibbo before the rtx 3000 launch.

Hi there

The NVIDIA 3000 series including RTX 3090, 3080 and 3070 are now ONLINE at Overclockers UK for your viewing pleasure.
You cannot place pre-orders yet but you can on the following dates:
- 3090 September 24th 2pm
- 3080 September 17th 2pm
- 3070 October

We expect good volume on these cards

Here in Canada, Canada Computers had the Gigabyte Gaming OC up for preorder for a couple hours last week and you could see their stock levels for each store for that model. Most had 10+. When the 3080 came out, my store got 3 3080s TOTAL on launch day. I don't think stock is going to be an issue what so ever.

FeVtQJiXwAAEdW1

Last edited:
*If* these things are offering ~80% real uplift once reviewers cut through all the software gimmicks, I may pick one up. (Eventually) I still want to see if AMD has something to say.

Even if AMD stay silent, I want to know the little differences between the various 4090 versions before I chose which one I want.

At 80% raw performance uplift, I'm interested, but still not day-one-F5 insta-buy.
F5 insta-buy. I'm stealing that.

Peoples wages in the UK aren't going up to meet this inflation though that's the problem, If anything they've gone down, Luxury items such as GPU's aside this type of ever increasing inflation is how a society goes down the toilet. I do work at several food banks and we now have full time working parents visiting several times per week, That shouldn't be happening in a 1st world country no matter the amount of verbal and mental gymnastics.

I had a huge increase this year, as my industry is in great demand (Tech). Though I agree the average salary has not and that this is a huge problem for the UK (and many other countries).

The UK's been in decline for decades (the power/wealth we held before WW2 was staggering!) though agree that this decline has accelerated in recent years.

Just looking at GDP, many don't realize that India recently overtook us:

mbaqX0Q.png
I think we'll drop out of the top 10 over the next decade.

Last edited:
I had a huge increase this year, as my industry is in great demand (Tech). Though I agree the average salary has not and that this is a huge problem for the UK (and many other countries).

The UK's been in decline for decades (the power/wealth we held before WW2 was staggering!) though agree that this decline has accelerated in recent years.

mbaqX0Q.png

I'm amazed we're still in the top 10 XD

On the news last night some official type said realistically the UK is not far away from 3rd world status if it keeps going the way it is, Thankfully I'll be off to another country by then.

Last edited:
I think other nations are not in great shape either. Check out Japan's finances.

Japans in the crapper as it has an ageing population and to top it off it is below replacement level as most men and women are either too afraid to talk to eachother or their work is so demanding they have zero time for marriage and a child, Mix both together and you have a recipe for a dead country.

I'll bookmark this post for when Gibbo starts the backorder thread.

I think what your also forgetting this time as that all 3 cards will be above 1k and only one of them is any good so that's where the demand will go.

Bookmark all you want, I didn't state that there'd be no backorders. Gibbo's already posted details, review his previous posts if you have the will. TLDR is that some 4090's will have hundreds/over a thousands units in stock, some more exclusive models will not arrive before release day, some will have very low amounts.

This is still far more cards already landed and with OCUK than with the 3000 launch, which the entire debate you started.

I'm amazed we're still in the top 10 XD

On the news last night some official type said realistically the UK is not far away from 3rd world status if it keeps going the way it is, Thankfully I'll be off to another country by then.

Wouldn't surprise me.
Inflation is going through the roof and employers are refusing to increase pay appropriately. So the majority are just getting poorer as time goes on.

Japans in the crapper as it has an ageing population and to top it off it is below replacement level as most men and women are either too afraid to talk to eachother or their work is so demanding they have zero time for marriage and a child, Mix both together and you have a recipe for a dead country.

More adult diapers are sold than infant ones in Japan also, as of a few years ago. I suspect the UK will follow suit over time.

I still remember what I consider to be the greatest value card I've ever bought. A GTX 970 for under £300 - amazing card ram controversy aside.

mbaqX0Q.png
Have to look at GDP per capita - India has a massive population, it was always going to go that way.

Why am I slowly considering a 4090. I really don't need it - must hold...

I have the same card and see no reason to upgrade until there are games out that I want to play, and that the 3080 Ti cannot run fast enough at the rez I want (currently 3440x1440 100Hz).

That situation isn't there at the moment, and I don't expect it to change for a couple of years or so.

Back
Top Bottom