• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I still remember what I consider to be the greatest value card I've ever bought. A GTX 970 for under £300 - amazing card ram controversy aside.

Isn't most of that difference down to the pound tanking though? Adjusted for inflation, the 3070 was about 25% higher in dollars at launch. But the pound had tanked from about $1.65 to $1.25.

(Only just retired my GTX 970, it held up damn well for a seven year old card).

I have the same card and see no reason to upgrade until there are games out that I want to play, and that the 3080 Ti cannot run fast enough at the rez I want (currently 3440x1440 100Hz).

That situation isn't there at the moment, and I don't expect it to change for a couple of years or so.
Agreed I really have no reason to upgrade so will hold for the 5 series - I also game at 3440x1440 (144hz) and 4K/60.

With the cost of living where it is, I'm going to save up instead.

Isn't most of that difference down to the pound tanking though? Adjusted for inflation, the 3070 was about 25% higher in dollars at launch. But the pound had tanked from about $1.65 to $1.25.

Yeh great card.
I think you're right up to to the 3000 series, general inflation with a bit of uplift on the 3070 at £469 (although the true price was higher).

I think we're seeing a massive repricing with the 4000 series - let's see where the 4070 is priced... Although I argue the 4080 12GB is the real 4070.

Yeh great card.
I think you're right up to to the 3000 series, general inflation with a bit of uplift on the 3070 at £469 (although the true price was higher).

I think we're seeing a massive repricing with the 4000 series - let's see where the 4070 is priced... Although I argue the 4080 12GB is the real 4070.

It's not even a 4070, it's the 4060ti.

I said it ages ago, Eventually we'll see a xx70 card near or above a £1000 price point, The 4080 12GB at £950 which is in reality a 4070 based on its specs compared to the 16GB variant is that card.

I can see the "official" 4070 being in the £700 ball park, Sad to think the xx70 class was once the go to higher end budget card.

It's not even a 70 card it's a 60ti, so NV have now entirely moved the mid range to "old" high end pricing.

Benchmark software aside, what's the first few games you guys are gonna be running on your 4090 to put it through it's paces?

Am thinking myself: Spiderman, Cyberpunk, God of War, Gears 5 and HALO.
We also got Scorn coming at the end of the week too :D

this. As much as the current prices are bigger than ever, the exchange rate tis what kills it. I can remember buying Nvidia flagship cars when the pound was $2.30. If it was that today the. 4090 would be £840 inc vat p, the 4080 16gb would be £620 and the 4070 would be only £360 and none of us would be complaining at the prices.

this. As much as the current prices are bigger than ever, the exchange rate tis what kills it. I can remember buying Nvidia flagship cars when the pound was $2.30. If it was that today the. 4090 would be £840 inc vat p, the 4080 16gb would be £620 and the 4070 would be only £360 and none of us would be complaining at the prices.

They'd just find another excuse to charge these prices.

Well never see that exchange rate ever again, The UK has been on a downward spiral at light speed for the last 12 years and it will not get better, That's a guarantee, We'll resemble a 3rd world hell hole by the end of the decade. Brits are way too happy to doff the cap and tug the forelock.

Last edited:
Benchmark software aside, what's the first few games you guys are gonna be running on your 4090 to put it through it's paces?

Am thinking myself: Spiderman, Cyberpunk, God of War, Gears 5 and HALO.
We also got Scorn coming at the end of the week too :D

My display is an LG C1 so plenty of pixels to push, I played 12 hours of cyberpunk on release but decided to put it down until bugs were patched, more content was available and I had something better than a 3090.

Dont get me wrong, the 3090 is a great card but I want to play cyberpunk at 4K qualify dlss with everything on high including ray tracing whilst not dipping below 75fps which is where games feel sluggish to me.

I'm currently playing Deus Ex mankind divided and let me tell you, that game is still incredibly Gpu intensive if you set contact shadows to ultra and use even 2x msaa.

Core overclocked to 3.2Ghz and Memory to 25Gbps 1.2TB/s

It is looking like they've created an absolute monster of a card.

Back
Top Bottom