• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

That is what I had thought/guessed, hence the question to clarify.

Some lovely cars you have, just checked on the motors forum. I am in the market for a new car, recently sold my fun car and looking for something new and different.

Probably best to wait, many markets are expected to crash in coming months and a lot of used cars will drop in price, some may not but I suspect many will, but as with all things if you have a particular spec in mind and it comes up at a fair price then buy it because it took me about two months to find my latest acquisition in the specification I wanted and when I did it I went for it, could get burnt or might be OK, but purchased to enjoy it, not an investment.

Probably best to wait, many markets are expected to crash in coming months and a lot of used cars will drop in price, some may not but I suspect many will, but as with all things if you have a particular spec in mind and it comes up at a fair price then buy it because it took me about two months to find my latest acquisition in the specification I wanted and when I did it I went for it, could get burnt or might be OK, but purchased to enjoy it, not an investment.
Yeah I sold my previous toy after constant badgering from my friend to sell it to him. I am in no real rush as winter weather where I stay can be rough, so limited options to really enjoy it at the moment.

Yeah I sold my previous toy after constant badgering from my friend to sell it to him. I am in no real rush as winter weather where I stay can be rough, so limited options to really enjoy it at the moment.

Best to sit on the cash, await for people to start selling up, predict could be some epic deals January-March on cars. General used car market pricing is already collapsing.

Best to sit on the cash, await for people to start selling up, predict could be some epic deals January-March on cars. General used car market pricing is already collapsing.
Yeah, problem is I have no absolutely no idea what I want. I have a nice daily driver, so this will just be a fun car that I will only use on a nice day (which is rare here)

So whats the general consensus then? I kinda want to get a 4090 but would only go FE as the AIB prices seem insane. Would also need to get a WB as I have custom loop. Can afford, just want to know if the performance in any way justifies the price. I'm coming from a 3080ti. 4080 doesn't appeal to me as a worthwhile upgrade at the price it is.

So whats the general consensus then? I kinda want to get a 4090 but would only go FE as the AIB prices seem insane. Would also need to get a WB as I have custom loop. Can afford, just want to know if the performance in any way justifies the price. I'm coming from a 3080ti. 4080 doesn't appeal to me as a worthwhile upgrade at the price it is.

FE review embargo is tomorrow, we'll know then.

Going for FE or the cheapest AIB possible.

Unfortunately not, our company policy is no bonus / profit cut on items sold, it could create bad advice, which is why I will openly post that people who are gaming should be looking at 3060Ti for example or other deals. Does the company look after me and are they great to work for? Absolutely! I've been here now over 20 years.

That is because my salary did not pay for it, I made some sound investments in the last few years which in general my portfolio did very well and I cashed out, paid the tax man and enjoyed what was left over. :)
Good for you man !
Can you confirm how many 4090 Units you have in stock ready to ship ? Be honest.

I'm in the same boat as you got the 3080ti fe working out if it's worth an upgrade.

Mainly on msfs in vr with the g2. Be nice to bump up some more settings and scaling.

Hopefully snag one will need to upgrade PSU too as only 750w.

I went full on geek mode and made this chart just to keep tabs on sizes and power requirements.

Last edited:
Good for you man !
Can you confirm how many 4090 Units you have in stock ready to ship ? Be honest.

Still awaiting more stock to arrive, so far we have:
300+ units in stock right now.
Expected to arrive today/tomorrow we have a further 300-400 due in.

So all been well around 600-700 cards for launch if rest of deliveries land with Gigabyte and Zotac having the healthiest stock amounts.

Still awaiting more stock to arrive, so far we have:
300+ units in stock right now.
Expected to arrive today/tomorrow we have a further 300-400 due in.

So all been well around 600-700 cards for launch if rest of deliveries land with Gigabyte and Zotac having the healthiest stock amounts.

Can you give any idea if any cards will be within £100 of the MSRP?

I think demand will increase substantially tomorrow. Early rumours are likely +80% in Rasterization, +100% in RT from a 3090, reviewers are very positive on the card.
If it turns out its 80% gain then PC fan boys will buy it , I generally know I don't really need it because I only really play World of Warcraft in 4k lol but then again I do like the idea of playing Cyber punk in 4k and RDR2 at 4K Ultra with smooth game play & As sad as it sounds I spent about 7 hours pretty much everyday on my pc , gaming , watching movies , editing so when you taken that in to account 2K isnt that much money to have the best.

Back
Top Bottom