• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Demand won't be as high as the 3000 series, but still believe the cards will all sell out within 30 mins.

Likely we sold around 14,000 3080's in first day, demand for 4090 will be much lower but if the UK sold around 100,000+ 3080 on day one, it is not hard to expect the UK to sell upto 5000 4090's on day one, maybe more.

I don't. Nvidia cut the price of 3090Ti almost in half and they are still on the shelf now.

Because who in their right mind would buy a 3090Ti with a 4090 days away and NVIDIA showing such huge performance gains for gamers.
Only market I see for 3090Ti is the odd professional looking for a bargain whilst 3090Ti's can be had close to grand.

Because who in their right mind would buy a 3090Ti with a 4090 days away and NVIDIA showing such huge performance gains for gamers.
Only market I see for 3090Ti is the odd professional looking for a bargain whilst 3090Ti's can be had close to grand.
It was months away when they started slashing prices and was even rumored to be delayed until next year. (Not that I believed those rumors)

Likely we sold around 14,000 3080's in first day, demand for 4090 will be much lower but if the UK sold around 100,000+ 3080 on day one, it is not hard to expect the UK to sell upto 5000 4090's on day one, maybe more.
Do you get a cut per card sold? :) 14,000 would be a nice pay day if so

Some of the really high end AIB might struggle to sell out.
But the FE will be OOS quicker than you can click add to cart.
The cheaper AIB will also sell out within a couple of minutes.

I would be surprised if OC haven't sold all their cards by 2.30 on Wednesday.
Again. Don't agree. FE will sell out first day, rest won't. That's just like, my opinion man. And we will see soon enough.

This btw most people want the 4090 over the 4080 so Gibbo is right on this ..they will sell out ! But not in sold in minutes like before ;).... but over the first day easy the 4090 will be all sold out !

Like Zen 4 was supposed to sell out within minutes as retailers kept on saying?
Dont think people have as much disposable income as they once did. Pandemic time, people couldn't go away on holiday or go out so had tons of cash to spend on tech to keep themselves busy.

Quite the opposite now i think.

Do you get a cut per card sold? :) 14,000 would be a nice pay day if so

Unfortunately not, our company policy is no bonus / profit cut on items sold, it could create bad advice, which is why I will openly post that people who are gaming should be looking at 3060Ti for example or other deals. Does the company look after me and are they great to work for? Absolutely! I've been here now over 20 years.
I can't see many purchasing managers affording a Ferrari amongst everything else on just their basic salary ;)

That is because my salary did not pay for it, I made some sound investments in the last few years which in general my portfolio did very well and I cashed out, paid the tax man and enjoyed what was left over. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately not, our company policy is no bonus / profit cut on items sold, it could create bad advice, which is why I will openly post that people who are gaming should be looking at 3060Ti for example or other deals. Does the company look after me and are they great to work for? Absolutely! I've been here now over 20 years.

That is because my salary did not pay for it, I made some sound investments in the last few years which in general my portfolio did very well and I cashed out, paid the tax man and enjoyed what was left over. :)
That is what I had thought/guessed, hence the question to clarify.

Some lovely cars you have, just checked on the motors forum. I am in the market for a new car, recently sold my fun car and looking for something new and different.

Back
Top Bottom