• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

We are talking about different markets. When you say that the 3090Ti wasn't "worth it" to people who already had 3090's you are refering to value. If the $2k 3090Ti was for the people who "only want the best" regardless of cost or value for money, well what it's "worth" doesn't matter.

The only thing that matters to *that* market is "Is it the best?" It was the best and we saw how big the "best at any cost" market was after crypto mining tanked. (Not that big)

I disagree. There are plenty of enthusiasts on here who will only by the xx90ti or if the xx90 offers a big enough gain and they dont want to wait, they will get that. Very few will then upgrade to the ti later.

With the shortage and prices rising every day, many people like me decided to grab the 3090 for this gen. I am a person who have had ti's and two titans in the past but I only ever buy one card from each generation, I would never upgrade within generations.

@Gibbo, on the subject of purchasing, I've had issues with cards being automatically blocked when trying to buy from you and I understand that the issue is widespread because you are (or were) a target for fraudulent purchases. What are you doing to prevent this happening?

@Gibbo, on the subject of purchasing, I've had issues with cards being automatically blocked when trying to buy from you and I understand that the issue is widespread because you are (or were) a target for fraudulent purchases. What are you doing to prevent this happening?

Generally an issue with your banks end, maybe pre-warn them you intend on making a large spend on your debit card the day before and in theory they won't then block the transaction. It setup the ability with your bank to authorise payments by text message code or within your banking APP.

Lots of economies are having issues. Few have also got Truss and Kwarteng piling on and making it worse. They ****ed it up good a couple of weeks back, and may do so again at any moment!
But then again who would make t

A lot of uk accounts will do this if you don't normally spend that sort of money but most banks in this day and age people use apps and it will ping you and ask you if its ok to proceed ! My bank does that and I just press on my phone to confirm , if you don't have this app on your phone then you should. its 2022 ! and its the safest way to bank.

4000 won't drop atm or for months and months pound is way to weak
So your telling me nvidia is just going to keep filling up warehouses with unsold cards rather than cut prices? They already have a years worth of unsold rtx 3000 stuff because they were greedy and over ordered and they over ordered at TSMC aswell which is why they were trying to reduce their allocation but TSMC said no.

The pound falling 5% wouldn't make much difference and the prices will still be much cheaper than they are today if nvidia cuts the 4090 to around $1200. It would have to fall well under a dollar to wipe out a price cut like that and the BOE isn't going to let that happen.

Interesting that they have choose to increase the 4090 by £20 but left the 4080 16gb & 12gb at £1269 / £949 , they may actually realise the prices are way to expensive as it is although there is still a month till release so plenty of time to pile on the pounds :cry:

So your telling me nvidia is just going to keep filling up warehouses with unsold cards rather than cut prices? They already have a years worth of unsold rtx 3000 stuff because they were greedy and over ordered and they over ordered at TSMC aswell which is why they were trying to reduce their allocation but TSMC said no.

The pound falling 5% wouldn't make much difference and the prices will still be much cheaper than they are today if nvidia cuts the 4090 to around $1200. It would have to fall well under a dollar to wipe out a price cut like that and the BOE isn't going to let that happen.
Where is this mythical stock of 3000? Looking at ocuk I can only see a couple of models of 3090/3090ti, thats hardly a years worth of unsold gpus.
4090 will sell out, I can bet you.

Interesting that they have choose to increase the 4090 by £20 but left the 4080 16gb & 12gb at £1269 / £949 , they may actually realise the prices are way to expensive as it is although there is still a month till release so plenty of time to pile on the pounds :cry:

More likely because those product launches are over a month away and as such will review those prices when the launch is imminent.

The yield on ten year government bonds is roughly back where it was before the Bank of England launched its £65bn pension fund rescue...and the fact that the BoE was ready to do £65bn was enough to ease fears but .IF they don’t say something similar, very soon it will go mad again... and the pound will drop well under 1 dollar

Back
Top Bottom