• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Where is this mythical stock of 3000? Looking at ocuk I can only see a couple of models of 3090/3090ti, thats hardly a years worth of unsold gpus.
4090 will sell out, I can bet you.
In warehouses apparently, retailers like OCUK are not going to sit on much stock themselves as they don't want to get left with the bill.

It'll sell out day one I'm not saying it won't give it 2-3 months till all the big spenders have their cards and sales will fall off a cliff.

More likely because those product launches are over a month away and as such will review those prices when the launch is imminent.
Yeah will be very interesting what happens with the price of these as they are bloody expensive for an 80 series card and i really cant see any price hikes going down well considering most are complaining about the price as it is... Hopefully the £ doesn't get to bad :rolleyes:

So your telling me nvidia is just going to keep filling up warehouses with unsold cards rather than cut prices? They already have a years worth of unsold rtx 3000 stuff because they were greedy and over ordered and they over ordered at TSMC aswell which is why they were trying to reduce their allocation but TSMC said no.

The pound falling 5% wouldn't make much difference and the prices will still be much cheaper than they are today if nvidia cuts the 4090 to around $1200. It would have to fall well under a dollar to wipe out a price cut like that and the BOE isn't going to let that happen.

Right now i think super jacket Ti would rather see them pile up in warehouses than drop prices because to do so would be to admit his products are over priced, which sets a precedent he doesn't want set. We are talking about someone who is almost sociopathic about his product image.

If one wants to win one needs to be more stubern than he is, and that's a tall order, selling only half the GPU's he would at lower prices isn't going to do it, not by a long way, its almost like gas lighting, the problem isn't the price of my product, the problem is you're cheap.

Last edited:
Yeah Amex has way too high limits in my opinion. They gave me 50k limit :eek:
Yeah, agreed on that. I have a couple of cards with them - my black card has no pre-set spend limit - great idea that! I don't need it anymore really, but was fantastic when I used to travel a lot when I worked.

They don't charge me for it anymore - they made enough from me over the years it seems :)

@Gibbo whats the deal with the 3000 series on the website as quite a few are out of stock , is this because they are EOL or just selling off whats left of the 3000 series and don't want to order anymore before moving onto 4000 series ? On other website they are full of 3000 series and would have thought it would be the same here :confused:

@Gibbo whats the deal with the 3000 series on the website as quite a few are out of stock , is this because they are EOL or just selling off whats left of the 3000 series and don't want to order anymore before moving onto 4000 series ? On other website they are full of 3000 series and would have thought it would be the same here :confused:
Considering Nvidia's slide included the 3000 lineup I am assuming the 3000 series are just the lower end parts for the 4000 series...

Considering Nvidia's slide included the 3000 lineup I am assuming the 3000 series are just the lower end parts for the 4000 series...
Yep it does look like the plan is to sell the 3000 and 4000 series together but then there are quite a few as out of stock ... is this because they are not making anymore and want to burn through what stock is there before the 4070/4060 is announced / released ?

Yep it does look like the plan is to sell the 3000 and 4000 series together but then there are quite a few as out of stock ... is this because they are not making anymore and want to burn through what stock is there before the 4070/4060 is announced / released ?
With the problems at the FAB.. I doubt they would even make them.

If I put one of these in the normal way, all these GPU supports that go from the bottom of the case, can they go on top of the fans? Like the plastic outer part of the fans?

So whats the general consensus then? I kinda want to get a 4090 but would only go FE as the AIB prices seem insane. Would also need to get a WB as I have custom loop. Can afford, just want to know if the performance in any way justifies the price. I'm coming from a 3080ti. 4080 doesn't appeal to me as a worthwhile upgrade at the price it is.
As said before, reviews tomorrow. I'm also thinking similar - FE plus the bargain double sided EK block, or the inno3D card with the alphacool block preapplied (prices about the same from the looks of things).

Back
Top Bottom