• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
The interest rate increases could easily add £1000s a year to a mortgage! :(

But DLSS3 and RaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayTraaaaaaaaaaaacing!

Now think how an RTX4060 will be with its massively cut down 104 series die(or a tiny 106 series die) and being priced at enthusiast level pricing.
Yup, i looked 2 weeks ago compared to today. I could get a relatively okay mortgage around 3.91% but we're looking around 5.89% for one now. Ontop of that we have 6% rise coming in next year, so its only going to get worse. I'll never forget those days when my parents were paying 20% on mortgage rates and how bad it was, its stuck with me till this day and it reminds me how i should treat money even i have a lot to spend.

Associate
Its 45%, and while i haven't looked at the reviews yet i bet every single one of them have nothing but positive things to say about that.
It's not. 60% at 4K on HU and De8auer and GN saying it is the biggest generational leap for a long time. DLSS 3 is looking very good. I know some people just don't want it to be good, but it is.

Soldato
Its 45%, and while i haven't looked at the reviews yet i bet every single one of them have nothing but positive things to say about that.
Yeah the ones i've watched so far is giving it high praise and more worryingly not even mentioning the pricing or price/performance. It's like all of a sudden the price doesn't matter lol.

Soldato
Yup, i looked 2 weeks ago compared to today. I could get a relatively okay mortgage around 3.91% but we're looking around 5.89% for one now. Ontop of that we have 6% rise coming in next year, so its only going to get worse. I'll never forget those days when my parents were paying 20% on mortgage rates and how bad it was, its stuck with me till this day and it reminds me how i should treat money even i have a lot to spend.

The worst thing is that due to the relative cost of things back in the days of 20% interest rates, you could go to much lower interest rates today to have a worse impact on finances.

That is on top of the price inflation of everything over the last 10 years. Just look at computer parts and electronics in general compared to "official" inflation rates. Look at how many people have to buy cars,etc using loans or use credit cards? Car loans alone are tens of billions of pounds!

Last edited:
Associate
And why would one do that? Debauer shown efficiency graphs and there is almost a flat line above 350W up to 450W. This card is already pushed way too hard by the looks of it, with power use, which give only about 5% performance uplift above 300W-330W. Pushing it to 600W would likely achieve absolutely nothing aside just increasing your electricity bill.
Because we are talking about a halo card and this forum is for overclockers. I don't care about power efficiency

Associate
So you guys are getting a mortgage to pay for a 4090 ?

Back
Top Bottom