• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I see a huge opportunity for AMD but I suspect they see an opportunity to charge more too...

The latter is the problem, the 4080 12GB is a slow card by this generations standard for 2X the price it should be, if that doesn't change before they go on sale AMD will slot one in there for £700 and call it a win, and they would be right, it would be, compared to a dumpster fire.

Last edited:
I told you i don't care about the 4090, to me all it is is a yard stick for how the same architecture will perform in the lower range and its not looking good, it looks really really bad.
Your initial performance statement of the 4090, based on one review, was 45% and it was pointed out to you that many reviews have it higher. So this makes your 4080 yardstick off as you are basing it off of one review. No one is saying the value is good, but maybe base your speculative performance of a 4080 on more than one review.

Last edited:
I am not spending so much on a dGPU to play games and I have a SFF PC myself so rather have something more efficient. Either way I will just avoid newer games or buy a console eventually to play the odd newer game. Means I can upgrade the PC less. I have plenty of other hobbies which don't show these insane level of price increases and I think I will just spend on those,and cut spending overall on my PC. I see more and more of my friends,just not bothering spending on their gaming PCs.

Many got consoles,or just spent more on other hobbies instead. It's the same with the actual cost of games too - too many whales have ruined this hobby. Over monetisation and samey remakes of rehashes of old concepts. I tried warning people this day was happening nearly a decade ago,and now its happened.
Thank you! You are perfectly correct. There is no need to pay these crazy prices to play the latest games at 4K with ultra settings. Slightly older games don't look too much worse and will run excellently on any 3000 series GPU. My current PC which has RTX 3080 Ti & Ryzen 5800X3D was built for just under £1500 out of a mixture of new and used parts that I bought on ebay. This PC is an absolute beast, yet cost me less than a 4090 FE. It will last me many years I think. My previous gaming PC lasted me over 10 years, as I am happy to reduce my expectations for game settings over time and/or stick to older titles. There's so many games to choose from.

Your initial performance statement of the 4090, based on one review, was 45% and it was pointed out to you that many reviews have it higher. So this makes your 4080 yardstick off as you are basing it off of one review. No one is saying the value is good, but maybe base your speculative performance of a 4080 on more than one review.

I'm using your numbers, not mine, to make that argument.

Thank you! You are perfectly correct. There is no need to pay these crazy prices to play the latest games at 4K with ultra settings. Slightly older games don't look too much worse and will run excellently on any 3000 series GPU. My current PC which has RTX 3080 Ti & Ryzen 5800X3D was built for just under £1500 out of a mixture of new and used parts that I bought on ebay. This PC is an absolute beast, yet cost me less than a 4090 FE. It will last me many years I think. My previous gaming PC lasted me over 10 years, as I am happy to reduce my expectations for game settings over time and/or stick to older titles. There's so many games to choose from.

I was playing Ratchet and Clank on PS5 the other day and it runs at locked 40fps (when your PS5 is outputting 120hz) and it looks great and runs perfectly fine to be honest

I also have an a 12900k + Asus Strix 3090 which with DLSS 2, even on quality mode, runs all games very nicely at 4k. Usually upwards of 100fps on games like Spider-man.

To be honest I've not got anything that interesting to play on PC at the moment. Last game I completed was Return to Monkey Island.

Back
Top Bottom