• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

This is a very impressive gen to gen bump. Even as a 3080Ti owner, it's making me think, and I said I would skip the 4000 series.

According to derBauer, he also cited a 10% performance drop with a 33% power saving (300w) over target when testing which is interesting.

Last edited:
As it was, i'm referring to your citation.

I'm really not bothered about the 4090, its above my pay grade, what worries me about that is what it indicates about the GPU's that do interest me, far from getting a 3080 for £500, that level of performance is now starting at £950.

By the looks of it the £950 one (4080 12GB) might actually perform worse than the 2-year-old 3080 which was priced £650 at launch.

Is my i9 10900k going to be a bottleneck for the 4090?

Clock it to as close to 5GHz as you can, it will help, 8 Pack will reveal with his review tomorrow as I believe he shows CPU testing and the impact on performance with 4090, more reviews will no doubt go live overnight as well and hopefully some other reviews would have picked up on this and overclocked their CPU's to get best from the card.

Clock it to as close to 5GHz as you can, it will help, 8 Pack will reveal with his review tomorrow as I believe he shows CPU testing and the impact on performance with 4090, more reviews will no doubt go live overnight as well and hopefully some other reviews would have picked up on this and overclocked their CPU's to get best from the card.
yeah it's already clocked to 5ghz :D

Feed that 10900k some volts and get it up to 5.3/5.4Ghz , if it goes pop then a 13900K is a perfect replacement ;) Loooking forward to the 8pack review tomorrow :D

I'm not buying one, there is no upgrade path on RTX 4000 series for a 3070 owner for their money.
3090 Ti or go AMD.
mid and mid-upper tier is a waiting game atm for AMD and possible 4070 series news (although dunno where that would fit in current lineup)

You would be shocked how many people don't know you can run RTX raytracing titles on a radeon card though. Was really taken back by a poll showing how people thought it was vendor locked. You can get well over 60fps on most RTX titles with RT on a radeon.

I'm LG oled C9 120hz gsync
Nice im also on a CX so 4K 120hz , as long as you stay with in 120HZ then your CPU isn't going to be an issue at all ... 1440p and uncap the frame rate and will have some issue but 4k 120 nope will be perfect and the 4090 should be flat out 120 in all games if not native then with dlss 3 :)

Back
Top Bottom