• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Main issue with 10900k is ipc and frequency sadly these days.
Indeed , still a fantastic cpu but far from the best these days ... before the reviews i was planning to run it for another year but now having another think , i think a 13900k and Asus Z790 Hero board might have my name on it in a few weeks :rolleyes: :cry:

The 4080 12GB has LESS than HALF the shaders and starts at £950, its a 3080 equivalent for £950.
You are now talking about something else. You said the 4090 was 45% faster as a fact based on one review. I pointed out other reviews showing higher uplifts.
Interesting power spikes - and oh gosh, 700watts will be easily breached (for gpu alone) by the partner cards. Bloody fast, but holy *** the price. Also, did anyone notice, that in certain titles, the lead over the next card wasnt really that much? 30 fps in tomb raider at 4k?
Which review? GN show 119 3090ti against 200 4090. Sure it wasn't 1440p?

I had a 3080 and 3090 and got stuttering on games where I had 100 plus fps. I got fed up with it. Sticking with my 3060ti itx build, which is working OK, until something releases that can fit in my case (max 210mm). Frametime over fps any day.

Last edited:
You are now talking about something else. You said the 4090 was 45% faster as a fact based on one review. I pointed out other reviews showing higher uplifts.

Which review? GN show 119 3090ti against 200 4090. Sure it wasn't 1440p?

And i'm telling you your cited 59% with more than twice the shaders makes the 4080 12GB look like it can't even keep up with a £650 3080 for £950.

Last edited:
And i'm telling you your cited 59% with more than twice the shaders makes the 4080 12GB look like it can't even keep up with a £650 3080 for £950.
Well I dunno where the 4080 comes from I was just pointing out your one review statement about the uplift of the 4090 over a 3090ti was wrong. We have no idea what the 4080 looks like yet other than speculation.

Well I dunno where the 4080 comes from I was just pointing out your one review statement about the uplift of the 4090 over a 3090ti was wrong. We have no idea what the 4080 looks like yet other than speculation.

I told you i don't care about the 4090, to me all it is is a yard stick for how the same architecture will perform in the lower range and its not looking good, it looks really really bad.

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced it'll sell out. Did 980ti 1080ti and 2080ti sell out on launch day? As those are the only comparable things we have
I don't think they will either, the general consensus with scalpers as well right now is the price doesn't make sense and they aren't even remotely interested. Nvidia has pre-scalped it and AIB cards hitting 2400£ means there's little to no room for resale.

It might initially sell out with those that genuinely want one, restocks i predict will sit for months though.

Back
Top Bottom