• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Think those of us that got one got lucky that the Telegram alert was late. Everyone uses that and would have had no chance if that'd worked.
Yes lucky, and lucky I randomly came in here, someone mentioned a possible drop because of Germany. Thanks to whoever that was.

Reactions: Rup
Prices dropping even on OCUK :)
Still a fair bit more expensive than the FE price but will sell out no doubt.

Curious, those who are going to convert their card to watercooling what brand are you going with?

Waiting for the 4080s myself.
I currently have. Zotac Trinity oc that I am very happy with and has no warranty stickers so a waterblock can be fitted no issue but EK are not releasing them till next year so would get an FE now if I could as the EK block is released in a couple of weeks.

I've got the ichill x3, you'll have to let me know what you think of the Fe in comparison with temps and clock speeds

I see you had undervolted the ichill, what settings did you settle on in the end?

Cheers.
I just cancelled the FE, I'm going to stick with the Inno3D. I actually prefer the looks of it and the card is so well ventilated/more surface area, that I can't see the FE being better. I've already got lucky with getting a card with no coil whine so don't want to risk that

I'm currently running 2750/5725 (which is +1000 on the memory) at 925mV. So slightly higher than the 865 I had it before, but although I didn't notice any micro stuttering or weird behavior at that low voltage, I didn't want to risk running it if the card was indeed trying to regulate it

Last edited:
I currently have. Zotac Trinity oc that I am very happy with and has no warranty stickers so a waterblock can be fitted no issue but EK are not releasing them till next year so would get an FE now if I could as the EK block is released in a couple of weeks.
Good to know thanks, Zotac was the top of my list, especially with that 5 year warranty.
EK seem to be dragging their feet with new products, my new 7900X is waiting in its new case for the new Velocity waterblock AM5 mounting standoffs due out 3rd Nov :(

I just cancelled the FE, I'm going to stick with the Inno3D. I actually prefer the looks of it and the card is so well ventilated/more surface area, that I can't see the FE being better. I've already got lucky with getting a card with no coil whine so don't want to risk that

I'm currently running 2750/5725 (which is +1000 on the memory) at 925mV. So slightly higher than the 865 I had it before, but although I didn't notice any micro stuttering or weird behavior at that low voltage, I didn't want to risk running it if the card was indeed trying to regulate it
That's brilliant thanks very much for the reply. Take it you got it at £1800 like me on launch day.

The buzz you get being able to get one is fantastic so can see why you went for an Fe when you had a chance. I got this one and the Asus tuf oc which has been rma'd now I was so prepared this launch as missed out the 3000 launch I managed to get two.

I'm really happy with mine it seems solid I have managed +1500 without issues on the memory but probably will run+1000 daily. I see this review comparing the inno oc x3 with the Fe which suggested better cooling and higher clock speeds.

I've been tweaking mine with MSI profiles at 950,975,1000,1025 and 1050mV with increases in clock speeds and power draw as they increase. I'm going to do some more tweaking later on when home from work.

Last edited:
Its only worth it if you are prepared to install and test both cards, the FE may be better binned I know Nvidia have been accused of creaming better silicon off for themselves but in reality, who knows. All the HUB tests say the GPUs perform the same in benchmarks even after OC is applied in which case you are buying for the aesthetics for the most part and frankly right now its availability that's the issue the market clearly has some way to go before saturation.

Back
Top Bottom