• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
I wouldn't be so sure of that. They managed to turn an entire generation of young people into renters living with random room-mates in their 30s riddled with debt.

Because these governments and authorities spent all their time watching Friends and thought well they enjoyed living together lets force that on the general public... while we live in our mansions paid for by the general public and getting our bills paid for as work expenses and food and travel too.. It's nothing more than control games now and laws changed to benefit them, the power use issues and being environmentally friendly I agree with as some products are now taking the micky with power use as an example GPUS and CPUS.

virYA9V.gif

Associate
You do understand that CO2 in the atmosphere only accounts for 0.041% and the uk only attribute 1% of that ? We are at the lowest CO2 in the atmosphere in the last 350million years.

Plus plants thrive off CO2 and give off oxygen in return, so maybe we should stop chopping down trees and deforestation in the amazon etc and start planting more trees if everyone is that worried.

I for one see straight through the nonsense that is climate change and the carbon agenda.
I do yes. I agree with those points you just made. But that doesn't mean everything eco is automatically bad

Soldato
Some people are saying unless you have the latest 13900k or 7950x you are bottlenecked with a 4090 even at 4k is that true?
Literally only a few % difference in certain games. The rules of cpu limited doesn't change, you are more likely to encounter cpu limitations at higher fps.

So if the 4090 is getting you 120fps at 4k maxed in most games and at 4k you realistically do not have a screen capable of displaying more than 120fps, is getting from 180 fps to 190 fps going to make a difference to you? There are only a handful of games out there that you get less than 120fps at 4k with a 4090.

I think it is a massive compliment to the 4090 and how genuinely powerful it is that people are worrying about that extra few % even at 4k, even though almost all of the gains will happen outside the bounds of the highest end display technology.

Caporegime
Some people are saying unless you have the latest 13900k or 7950x you are bottlenecked with a 4090 even at 4k is that true?
doesn't mean it holds true once games start using the POWAH for more RT effects etc just now most games can run on a 5year old card on max settings anyway

Associate
Just a heads up to anyone that has MSI S X ! Make sure you put the card in GAMING MODE ON THE CARD BIO SWITCH ! DEFAULT IS OFF !

OTHER WISE YOU LOSE MASSIVE FPS LOL ! I JUST FOUND THIS OUT.
I was getting 25 fps max in MSFS at 4k ultra I am now in gaming mode and getting 45 FPS ! Whoooooop massive difference I am so happy now, 4K Ultra everything.

Soldato
Just a heads up to anyone that has MSI S X ! Make sure you put the card in GAMING MODE ON THE CARD BIO SWITCH ! DEFAULT IS OFF !

I was getting 25 fps max in MSFS at 4k ultra I am now in gaming mode and getting 45 FPS ! Whoooooop massive difference I am so happy now, 4K Ultra everything.

Your performance still looks crap - you need to upgrade your CPU me thinks, being massively bottlenecked by the looks of it.

Last edited:
Associate
My 4090 is definitely very odd in some games but my guess is its down to my i7 8700k - 4K Ultra settings 25-30 fps so I guess that isnt to bad because its very playable and looks stunning at them settings, I guess I was just hoping for more but from some youtube Vids I've seen people are getting over 60 fps but my guess is they are not using ultra settings and have some things turned off.
Plagues Tale I'm getting the same FPS as advertised with DLSS 3.0 running around 175-190 fps at 4k Ultra but the game does stutter but from looking online this is the same for most people.
I'll see what the gains are on the new 13th series and then make my mind up if to upgrade or not.
i've been reading around, some people with much better cpu's i.e. 12900K, 5900X, than mine (7700K) claim to be getting better fps (10-25% more), whereas some are getting around the same.

in my own tests (msi afterburners monitor logging and watching task manager) i'm gpu bound. i'm a very high resolution gamer (VR).

so i too am on the fence about upgrading. i certainly don't need to to enjoy my gaming as my gaming experience has been greatly uplifted by my 4090.
it's nice not to be in a rush like i was for the 4090. i can take my time, read reviews, maybe wait until ATX 3.0 psu's are available and maybe even ryzen 7000 x3d.

Last edited:
Soldato

That only changes the default fan profile. Shouldn't affect performance too much. My (for now) 81st highest single gpu timespy extreme graphics score was done with the suprim x quiet bios.

Last edited:
Soldato
More than happy with Native 4k ultra 45-50 fps game runs nice and smooth now for me love it.

3080 runs it the same depending on part of the world map and plane used, check how much gpu utilisation you are hitting and are you on dx11 or 12 because by sound of that you are heavily cpu bound, this is the problem with msfs and the pointless gpu update for it at the moment unless you use VR as even on a 7950x it is cpu bound and no better than a 3090 when tested on the same system without DLSS3 and the fake frames it gives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom