• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
I hate the fact Nvidia are starving the market of stock - its utter BS

Do we know they're deliberately starving the market of stock. The worst part of this (in my eyes) are the retailers reserving stock for the GFE invites and made-to-order builds, although that isn't so bad.

*wonders if OcUK will sell me a case with a Motherboard, CPU and GPU without anything else and call it a bundle* :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
No drops today then by the looks of it.

I really thought I might have got a look-in with the GFE redeem but no luck despite owning a plethora of GeForce cards over the years, got a 3090 MSI Gaming X Trio in my rig and a 3080 FE in my sons. GFE installed on both and account says I've gave them my details first in October 2016.

Are the redeem invites only for the recipient or If anyone has a spare redeemable link going I'd much appreciate it!
unless you actively used Geforce NOw then it seems they don't care.

Glad I got a car don day 1 locally now, had it in my hands 1 hour after release :D

Mostly only played league of legends on it too lol.. my old card couldn't even do HDR though (980ti) so everything looks way better

although I have a stuck pixel on my monitor that never bothered me but with HDR on it's a really bright green dot :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
Similar situation here - frustrating. I would love to second the 'if anyone has a spare link; after user2000!
Yep, don't really like begging for links, but if they only have a limited time before they expire then maybe my luck will be in on the GFE invite. No idea what their criteria is though, I'm pretty sure I've had one of every generation of Nvidia cards going back I don't know how long! Not to mention 3 x Nvidia Shield TVs going until recently - it can't be based on brand loyalty anyway lol.

Associate
I wondered if it might have been something like that. Got a years free Geforce Now with something or other a couple of years ago, might have been the 3090. Installed it on the Shield TV and maybe used it twice!

Associate

Glad I got a car don day 1 locally now, had it in my hands 1 hour after release :D

Mostly only played league of legends on it too lol.. my old card couldn't even do HDR though (980ti) so everything looks way better

although I have a stuck pixel on my monitor that never bothered me but with HDR on it's a really bright green dot :mad:

Oof, what motherboard and CPU are you rocking if you came from a 980Ti?

Rup

Rup

Associate
I've got two 30-series FE cards and no GFE invite. Have rarely used GFE in the past so presume they are sending to those who did use?

Associate
Check out some Frame Chasers youtube, he shows DDR4 as being the better option (for now) over DDR5.
Ok thanks Yes I am not seeing many Benchmarks for 4k ultra gaming showing what's better out DDR4 /5 so not sure what to do lol ! If I can save myself £500 then that would be ideal....
I did find this online and it says average 1% boost if using DDR5 ram at 4k gaming so that answers my question

Taking the Average​

In total we spent a few weeks testing 41 games and we'll take a look at the side-by-side comparison across all those games in a second. But if we look at an average graph, calculated using the geomean, we see that on average DDR5 memory offered just a 3% boost at 1080p, 2% at 1440p and then one percent at 4K.

Last edited:
Soldato

So 4090 is now going to cost you a new monitor as well!

Because if I know enthusiasts and I do, that bright green pixel is going to drive you batty and wear down your resistance in no time!

;)

Back
Top Bottom