• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

They are testing what people are willing to pay and only so many will pay more than the MSRP, remember what happened to the 3090ti ? It was what £1880 and went down to £1150 and still in stock the FE at that and not selling out. Same is heading for the 4090 if they drop them too quickly and 4090ti if they try to release one at $2k again is never going to sell, people are upset enough the 4090 is £1700 here when in USA they are $1600 and then EU at 2000 Euros for a FE.. They have lost the plot. This gen should have controlled the pricing better, but they did the opposite ..

Tried to sell a 4060ti as a 4080 12GB for £950

4070ti as a 4080 16GB £1200..

When the 30 series came out the reason people wanted the 3090s was because of the VRAM and the miners sadly wanted anything they could get and then the scalpers wanted anything to sell to the miners. Things are not the same now and no lockdowns and then people needed to buy pcs to work from home too or entertain themselves while in lockdown.
Yes 40 series pricing is crazy high... but it's selling out even at way over MSRP. Obviously lots of rich pc gamers :)
Remember the 3090/3090 TI was only 10-15% faster than the £650 3080. The 4090 is way faster than the only little cheaper 4080. Thus £/frame the 4090 (at MSRP) is reasonable value.
Also, only a few EU countries have the FE available so most of the EU can't actually buy an FE. At least we can buy FE's here even at 50 Euros more than what they pay.

Nvidia are not all bad, just mostly :)

Anyone know where to get those 4x8pin 4090 PSU adaptor cable from? thin ones?

see them on u tube but not on google to buy.
Hi Guys

To all the 4090 owners:

Anyone managed to get a 4x8pin PSU to GPU cable, but the discreet and thinner cables, instead of the massive thick standard power cable adaptor that comes with the GPU.

I cant find any info on how to get one.

They are testing what people are willing to pay and only so many will pay more than the MSRP, remember what happened to the 3090ti ? It was what £1880 and went down to £1150 and still in stock the FE at that and not selling out. Same is heading for the 4090 if they drop them too quickly and 4090ti if they try to release one at $2k again is never going to sell, people are upset enough the 4090 is £1700 here when in USA they are $1600 and then EU at 2000 Euros for a FE.. They have lost the plot. This gen should have controlled the pricing better, but they did the opposite ..

Tried to sell a 4060ti as a 4080 12GB for £950

4070ti as a 4080 16GB £1200..

When the 30 series came out the reason people wanted the 3090s was because of the VRAM and the miners sadly wanted anything they could get and then the scalpers wanted anything to sell to the miners. Things are not the same now and no lockdowns and then people needed to buy pcs to work from home too or entertain themselves while in lockdown.

Yup, shower of shifty ********.

It's on startup but I never use it for anything other than downloading drivers, never game optimisation or anything. If I hadn't got the email I would never have checked!
Thanks! I downloaded it to play with 'shadowplay' a few months ago, but other than that I downloaded it in 2017 and clicked a button that said it would optimise my games...which ruined all my settings for every game...so I uninstalled, did a clean driver update and didn't touch it for 4yrs. I hope they don't hold my refusal to use their terrible software against me...

Thanks! I downloaded it to play with 'shadowplay' a few months ago, but other than that I downloaded it in 2017 and clicked a button that said it would optimise my games...which ruined all my settings for every game...so I uninstalled, did a clean driver update and didn't touch it for 4yrs. I hope they don't hold my refusal to use their terrible software against me...

You don’t need to optimise, just download it and create an account. I think having the account is key (that and a 10 series card or above). Good luck!

Not seeing any evidence of my 12700f bottle necking my 4090, am I doing it wrong?
TimeSpy Ultra graphics score is no different from stock to my 5g all core O/C, gaming in BF and CP same story, switching between stock and OC give me no improvements.

CPU usage is always very low on everything. (4K 120hz)

Not seeing any evidence of my 12700f bottle necking my 4090, am I doing it wrong?
TimeSpy Ultra graphics score is no different from stock to my 5g all core O/C, gaming in BF and CP same story, switching between stock and OC give me no improvements.

CPU usage is always very low on everything. (4K 120hz)
at 4k 120hz you are not going to be bottenecking a 12700 that easily , if you want to see it bottle neck run games at 720p or even 1080p with a 4090 and you will see a bottleneck with gpu usage low , cpu usage high ..... you should be seeing some sort of improvement if overclocking though especially in benchmarks

Back
Top Bottom