• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I was thinking 3K but then thought nah, that's a bit silly. But maybe not...
Thing is we've reached a point now with the 4090 where its more powerful than even people like us will need for years. If prices climb any higher the justification for any more performance gains will just evaporate. Idk about you lot but the pricing of these cards now is my absolute limit. I refuse to ever pay more than this generation has cost. Even at 4k 4090 is going to be more than powerful enough for so long.

It's not silly at all, Jensen even said it himself, high prices are here to stay regardless of the economy and who's in charge.
I disagree, inflation does not account for the prices ballooning. It was demand due to availability, crypto and lockdowns. Those factors no longer exist. I think NVIDIA, Intel and AMD are in for a shock.

AMD has already announced production is to be reduced for Zen 4. Intel and NVIDIA will also suffer write downs over the next financial year.

Just because Jensen says a thing and prices to feed the greed of his investors and his own ego does not mean his company is invulnerable to market share loss. EVGA has dropped out, EVGA shipped a huge number of GPUs to the USA, and perhaps other AIB's will take similar action. NVIDIA kept that quiet for three months until the CEO of EVGA leaked the news just before RTX 4090 release.

Thing is we've reached a point now with the 4090 where its more powerful than even people like us will need for years. If prices climb any higher the justification for any more performance gains will just evaporate. Idk about you lot but the pricing of these cards now is my absolute limit. I refuse to ever pay more than this generation has cost. Even at 4k 4090 is going to be more than powerful enough for so long.
Until unreal 5 games come out

I've always been happy at 1440p and mid range cards so the insanity affects me less. A decent card can last you 5 years and it's only really FOMO that pushed a lot of people to chase some more FPS and a new feature that's not fully integrated yet etc...

They're taking advantage of day 1 Lemmings and those that have to have the best, which is less than 1% of gamers.

I disagree, inflation does not account for the prices ballooning. It was demand due to availability, crypto and lockdowns. Those factors no longer exist. I think NVIDIA, Intel and AMD are in for a shock.

AMD has already announced production is to be reduced for Zen 4. Intel and NVIDIA will also suffer write downs over the next financial year.

Just because Jensen says a thing and prices to feed the greed of his investors and his own ego does not mean his company is invulnerable to market share loss. EVGA has dropped out, EVGA shipped a huge number of GPUs to the USA, and perhaps other AIB's will take similar action. NVIDIA kept that quiet for three months until the CEO of EVGA leaked the news just before RTX 4090 release.
I agree with you, i was just making a point that Jensen is a scummy man :cry:.

I've always been happy at 1440p and mid range cards so the insanity affects me less. A decent card can last you 5 years and it's only really FOMO that pushed a lot of people to chase some more FPS and a new feature that's not fully integrated yet etc...

They're taking advantage of day 1 Lemmings and those that have to have the best, which is less than 1% of gamers.
Yeah as a whole, most people are against the new pricing and you can tell by the lack of gpu's in seatbelt pictures.

AMD problem is not the performance of the new cpu or the price of it, I would buy one tomorrow but its looking at spending £700 on a mobo and another £800+ on memory that is putting me off.

It was time to change mobo socket, granted, after 6 years but unfortunate that it had to be this year. If zen 4 was socket am4 and used ddr4 then the cpus would be flying off the shelf.

The vast majority of the reason for the £ (and most other currencies) collapsing against the $ is what mad dog putin is doing.
£ is pretty steady to the euro.
So if u want to complain about £££ gpu's... go protest outside the russian embassy :)

Back
Top Bottom