• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Very frustrating situation for people like me.

Currently running a 2080Ti, bought it shortly after launch. Struggled to score a 30-series card @ reasonable price & subsequently sat out the 30-series altogether.
Really want a 4090 now, but am unwilling to pay much above RRP. Was hoping to be able to get a card & water block for 2K or thereabouts

Be patient. The FE will start to become more readily available and some of the other £1700 cards will revert to MSRP eventually.

The first month was always going to be scalped by retailers as well as opportunists and their “side hustles”.

Here we go with these silly connectors that no one really needs and should have stuck to the old style 8pin, the only reasong they wanted these silly connectors is so in time they would stick two or more on gpus in less space than the 8pins, reality is the power use levels are just too silly for gpus now and will be even more silly in the future if we carry on this way.. 2 x 12+4pin = 1200w which is insane.

Thing is a majority of modern PSUs can supply 300w per 8 pin pci-e connector so they could have just put two 8pin connectors on the 4090.

Thing is a majority of modern PSUs can supply 300w per 8 pin pci-e connector so they could have just put two 8pin connectors on the 4090.

3 x 8pins would have been more than enough for the 4090 as none can really use 600w. All they had to do the AIBS was stick to what they did on the 3090s. This is nothing more than a mess that will soon show the reality with these connectors with such a large card. The only ones that came with that type of connector last time were the FE cards and the AIB 3090ti's as the 3090ti was used as the card to develop the 4090 on.

Image when a 2000 watt psu isnt enough for an 13th Gen i9 rig with a 4090 in it oO

h_57989890.jpg

i think it was the launch review.. i should rewatch it sometime
Also was the card modded with Shunt Resistors? Most reviews show they don't pull much above their power rating 600w bios or not, basically a 450w card and voltage locked so not seeing how they will use more power without modding them or some VBIOS that gets around some of the nvidia limits as the 600w bioses clearly do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom