• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

They seem to have really dug themselves a hole with this cable. I can see them starting to refuse returns with melted sockets before long. I mean if they are getting problems with the 4090 things will go crazy with the 4090ti.
I dont think they do. I run CB2077 today for 2 hrs with ~550W GPU draw and connector and cables were barely warm to touch. As long there is no issue with contact, its more than enough.
Oh and thats on Asus 16pin cable that splits into 2x6pin on psu side :D

because one guy who bent the plug had a burnt connector? how many GPU did they sell now must be tens of thousands.

Better odds of winning the lottery, doesn't mean im going to go and buy a ticket, nor be put off by a 4090

To be fair that's hardly bending at all. If it's actually going to be that fragile (and obviously one burnt adapter is hardly proof of that) then there should have been clear instructions in the box but there were none so it's very fair to assume it's just like any other cable and can be bent into pretty tight angles, just like almost any other cable ever.

Last edited:
They should have made the cable longer, or at least a bit more flexible, even with the card mounted in the traditional manner the cable can press against the sidepanel\glass which adds to the bend.

Last edited:
Seems people are also having driver issues. Maybe they installed AMD drivers by mistake?! ;)

Why are they releasing a product where you have to treat the power cables like they're made from glass! Think about how you bend and twist cables when you're building your PC. It's crazy. And I believe AMD are also going to be using this connection type.

Last edited:
Why are they releasing a product where you have to treat the power cables like they're made from glass! Think about how you bend and twist cables when you're building your PC. It's crazy. And I believe AMD are also going to be using this connection type.

With a bit of luck they locate it better so bending isnt an issue, or at least have a better flex cable.

Back
Top Bottom