• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Also why do they NEED to have sockets on the side of the GPU, why don't they hard-wire a small dongle cable with the sockets on the end of the flexible dongle cable, you can then tuck that away under the GPU etc and plug in the PSU cable out of sight out of mind and no strain is put on the GPU end at all that way because the cable is hard-wired with much better strain relief routing through the cooler.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Holy bejesus Plague Tale Requiem during a couple of scenes maxed out 4k with DLSS quality honestly went down to 48fps due to CPU bottlenecks with a 4090.

Uncharted was pretty much 120fps the whole game without DLSS though.

To be clear. Changing from 5900X to 13900K @ 6ghz or 7950X3D will not clear these CPU bottlenecks. No core was over 75% it's just not optimized.
This is not how bottlenecks with game engines work.

First driver overhead, Nvidia is notoriously worse than AMD for this right now.
Second Thread usage, You have CPU's with 24 threads, of course no core is maxed out, threads are spread evenly by Windows, IPC is the limitation along side whatever coding bottlenecks the games have too.

Last edited:
Associate
3 pipes in total but used 2 of them ... the 1st came out perfect , 2nd was wrong 3rd got spot on :D they are pretty easy to make tbh just consist of a 90 deg bend followed by a 180 then a 90 off that pointing towards the block. The reason a done them like that is the inlet and outlet are back to front in comparison to the disto plate so the tradition 2 90 deg bends don't really work ( flow wrong way ) so had to come up with a way of swapping them round and this is what i came up with :D i use a pipe cutter that gives very clean cuts with very little debris left , quick sanding to the end and flush them out and good to go .
Madness how they are all parts from the same company and didn't think about this. Especially as the OD11 XL is their favourite case to design for.

Last edited:
Soldato
The card fits just fine, but my god I had to bend the cable to get the front panel on.
Pic is with the panel off, and after fitting it I removed it due to the cable stress..

p1wfsA2.jpg

Then I tried a different way, and there was smidge more clearance, but not ideal..

HqomXTt.jpg

Until my Cablemods arrives, I'll leave the front panel off.

Soldato
If AMD are changing their power connector now then clearly the cards arent built. So be lucky to get them before xmas.
May explain why Nov 3 is just a reveal now.

Who said anything about AMD 'changing' their connector? All they said is they are not using the 16-pin connector. They have never claimed that they were going to use it in the first place. Their power usage is lower than Nvidia's which is why they are probably sticking to the tried and tested 2 x8pin connectors.

Caporegime
If AMD are changing their power connector now then clearly the cards arent built. So be lucky to get them before xmas.
May explain why Nov 3 is just a reveal now.

They never said they were changing anything, it was random youtubers that claimed AMD were using the same type of connector as nvidia. That's not the case.

Rup

Rup

Associate
They never said they were changing anything, it was random youtubers that claimed AMD were using the same type of connector as nvidia. That's not the case.
As per the wccftech article "AMD Goes The Safer Route, Drops Gen5 16-Pin Connector Plans For Their Radeon RX 7000 "RDNA 3" GPUs"
wccftech are much more than a random youtuber.

Associate
Madness how they are all parts from the same company and didn't think about this. Especially as the OD11 XL is their favourite case to design for.
Yeah i found it a bit weird that they made the cpu/vrm cooler with the ports the wrong way round , when i questioned them about it at the time they said it will work the other way round as well but will effect temps slightly :rolleyes: i wasn't happy with that so done the pipes looping over each other to swap the inlet/outlet pipes, if you were using a separate pump/res combo rather than a distro plate then this wouldn't really be an issue as would be doing all custom hardline anyway. In EK's defence they have now tried to normalise all this with their new matrix system which apparently makes lining everything up a doddle although not got any of their new stuff to try yet : )

Caporegime
As per the wccftech article "AMD Goes The Safer Route, Drops Gen5 16-Pin Connector Plans For Their Radeon RX 7000 "RDNA 3" GPUs"
wccftech are much more than a random youtuber.

Yeah, theyre known mainly for being full of mad dogs ****, so even worse than random youtubers. And they can't just randomly "drop" a connector and superglue another one in its place, the shrouds of the cards etc would need a redesign to accomadate the 2 8 pin pcie connectors not to mention the solder points on the board for the connector.

Last edited:

Rup

Rup

Associate
Yeah, theyre known mainly for being full of mad dogs ****, so even worse than random youtubers. And they can't just randomly "drop" a connector and superglue another one in its place, the shrouds of the cards etc would need a redesign to accomadate the 2 8 pin pcie connectors not to mention the solder points on the board for the connector.
No, they're a perfectly decent website.
That's the point I was making. That the AMD GPU's are far enough away, that the relatively small change to allow the use the old power connector, is possible.

Caporegime
No, they're a perfectly decent website.
That's the point I was making. That the AMD GPU's are far enough away, that the relatively small change to allow the use the old power connector, is possible.

LOL perfectly decent, anytime they're brought up on here the lulz are echoing around the place.

For one you don't know how far away the gpus are, the only ones that do are AMD, secondly going back to an older style power connector would require things like shrouds to be remade, possibly entire pcb's depending on how things have been laid out on the board. They're not gonna waste "X" amount of weeks of building up stock to suddenly dump completed boards to change a power connector, that could potentially delay things by months if they have to remake things or heavily modify them.

AMD already rolled their eyed last time around at the connector on the 30xx series with it being not exactly cable management friendly, would be an odd move for them to change to it considering its not needed.

Caporegime
There are no plans to re-release the 4080 12GB as the 4070 because Nvidia don't want to admit they were trying to sell a 4070 for 4080 money, instead what is likely to happen is Nvidia will cut it down more and then sell it as a 4070.

Nice, so because Nvidia are so narcissistic they can't stand having been rumbled for treating their user base like #### they are gearing up to sell us a 4060 for 4070 money.

You do you Nvidia, just keep on going....

Associate
There are no plans to re-release the 4080 12GB as the 4070 because Nvidia don't want to admit they were trying to sell a 4070 for 4080 money, instead what is likely to happen is Nvidia will cut it down more and then sell it as a 4070.

Nice, so because Nvidia are so narcissistic they can't stand having been rumbled for treating their user base like #### they are gearing up to sell us a 4060 for 4070 money.

You do you Nvidia, just keep on going....

I would say it will be the 4070TI

Back
Top Bottom