• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Its a lian li 011D XL , you need this case for this specific setup. I managed to squeeze a 3rd rad in the back aswell even though its got a distro plate :D
Ahh yeah thought so. No way you can fit a triple rad and distro plate on the bottom in mine lol. Had to go 240 bottom 360 top. May see if I can fit another 240 down the back though when I take it apart to fit 4090 whenever that may be

Man of Honour
I think the way Nvidia GPUs are going it would be easier for them to design a card that just stood on the desktop and connected to the PC via a long PCI-E riser cable.

That will almost certainly happen at some point with the way GPU's are going, with the size, power and cooling requirements. You'll eventually have a kettle lead going directly in to a GPU enclosure :D

Associate
Ahh yeah thought so. No way you can fit a triple rad and distro plate on the bottom in mine lol. Had to go 240 bottom 360 top. May see if I can fit another 240 down the back though when I take it apart to fit 4090 whenever that may be
Have a measure up , if the back chamber is the same depth as an xl then may be able to squeeze an SE ( Thin ) rad down the back which is what I done :)

Soldato
I'd say its a defect. As much as people who know better than me such as Buildzoid are putting it down to design, we didn't see this at all with the 3090 or ti.

I would too, this is not a £1600+ primo design IMO. I would not be buying one of these at the present moment in time, the design is flawed and dangerous. No-one should be spending this much money on something so shoddy and ill-conceived.

Associate
I think it was you who posted about the beta.

these 4090s need a full cover water block.
It depends how it will perform. Unless Optimus made something wrong this time around water-gpu delta is pretty bad:
They claim 19 degree delta. Typical water temp will probably be 35-37 degrees, that makes it 56 degrees - not much better than Strix to be fair. It will be major disappointment if its true.
I wonder how EK/Alphacool will perform then as previous gen they were solid 5-6 degrees delta behind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom