• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
It depends how it will perform. Unless Optimus made something wrong this time around water-gpu delta is pretty bad:
They claim 19 degree delta. Typical water temp will probably be 35-37 degrees, that makes it 56 degrees - not much better than Strix to be fair. It will be major disappointment if its true.
I wonder how EK/Alphacool will perform then as previous gen they were solid 5-6 degrees delta behind.

I hope Alphacool bring out a AIO.
But the price will be silly again.

Soldato
It's fine as the melting point of plastic is around 200C lower than the ignition temp ;) case closed.

No seriously, close your case or your house might burn down.

Yeah, these dodgy connectors is worse than the space invaders debacle. At least space invaders didn't have the possibility of having a fire.

Free vouchers from Nvidia for 4090 owners

[URL ]https://tinyurl.com/Nvidia-4090-owners-voucher[/URL]

FAP1 :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
You know what the more I think about this ****** adapter being bundled with GPUs and the FE the more it is annoying me.

Like as if the GPU wasn't expensive enough, They must have tested these GPUs between Nvidia and AIB's in cases and realised they didn't fit and still proceeded to bundle a straight adaptor knowing full well people wouldn't be able to close their cases.

Therefore it's Nvidia's and AIB partners fault for not providing a 90 bend adaptor in the box.

It's now forcing people to get new PSU's new cables new adaptors and so on.

It's a complete joke to be perfectly honest.

Nvidia and AIB's should be sending out angled adaptors immediately to their customers free of charge!

Last edited:
Soldato
doesn't apply to me :D the only thing that lights up on my pc is the power button and 4090. i don't understand why people want colourful looking pc's with lights everywhere...but hey horses for courses n all that :) i suppose it's in a similar vein to how some people like flash looking cars and clothes, although they are much easier to show off whereas a pc just sits in a room.

:D

For me, I wanted RGB because I spent years working as a programmer and later in IT support, on dull as dishwater beige machines, it was great when finally I could come home, and use a PC, with literally, some colour.

Plus, I grew up marvelling at the computer on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea with all it's wonderful flashing lights!

Now I've got my own! :p

Soldato
You know what the more I think about this ****** adapter being bundled with GPUs and the FE the more it is annoying me.

Like as if the GPU wasn't expensive enough, They must have tested these GPUs between Nvidia and AIB's in cases and realised they didn't fit and still proceeded to bundle a straight adaptor knowing full well people wouldn't be able to close their cases.

Therefore it's Nvidia's and AIB partners fault for not providing a 90 bend adaptor in the box.

It's now forcing people to get new PSU's new cables new adaptors and so on.

It's a complete joke to be perfectly honest.

Nvidia and AIB's should be sending out angled adaptors immediately to their customers free of charge!
Im hoping the AMD rumours are true and they have ditched the connector for more conventional ones. Would save me from having to upgrade the psu just so i can use the new gpu!

Associate
the thing is these potato journos dont ***** understand that you cant reach a conclusion by testing one cable, you would need to sample atleast 30 and invoke the central limit theorem to drive any kind of inference.. i mean are they even educated to do this stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom