• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
there was never a card this big before.... people trying to reuse a case with no clearance or to weird cable management

go bend your kettle plug to an extreme angle and see what happens

Idiots and electricity shouldn't mix

People have ben bending cables without issue in PC cases for decades, only now is there a problem because of NV's crap connector and their Mount Doom GPU. That's a fact.

"Idiots and electricity shouldn't mix"

They've definitely been mixing at NV's engineering dept.

:D

Soldato
What a disaster, I'm assuming that the lower tier NV cards won't require this crap connector?

I bet they will.

It's obvious that, unlike with their previous connector, this time NVidia are forcing AIBs to use this new one as otherwise some would have stuck with triple 8-pins.

If they're forcing AIBs to use it then I'll bet their plan is to use it across all products.

Soldato
I bet they will.

It's obvious that, unlike with their previous connector, this time NVidia are forcing AIBs to use this new one as otherwise some would have stuck with triple 8-pins.

If they're forcing AIBs to use it then I'll bet their plan is to use it across all products.

Oh dear, I thought this was a consequence of th 4090s insane power requirements, imagine one of these with a 13900k going at full blast!

:cry:

Soldato
People have ben bending cables without issue in PC cases for decades, only now is there a problem because of NV's crap connector and their Mount Doom GPU. That's a fact.

"Idiots and electricity shouldn't mix"

They've definitely been mixing at NV's engineering dept.

:D

Isn’t it Intel and the PCI forum’s crap connector?

Soldato
Well looking at the trackers, the EU seems to be doing even worse than us.
Might be worth a trip to NY, the 4090 savings would prob pay for the trip :)
4090 prices in HK right now, HKD$14999. If i wasn't skint i'd ask my brother to bring one back with him at the end of the month lol.

Soldato
Why?

That's pretty much the price of a 4090 FE, without the hassle and expense of an RMA when it burns, sending it back to HK.
If you can get an FE yes :cry:. You could literally walk into a store in HK and pick one up off the shelf at none scalped prices. RMA would normally be back to the manufacturer anyway? My old gigabyte card was the same, you just need the invoice for proof of purchase.

Soldato
If you can get an FE yes :cry:. You could literally walk into a store in HK and pick one up off the shelf at none scalped prices. RMA would normally be back to the manufacturer anyway? My old gigabyte card was the same, you just need the invoice for proof of purchase.

RMA is the responsibility of the seller, NOT the manufacturer.

So when it blows up, you'd have to send the remains back to HK, that's gonna be expensive!

Soldato

So when it blows up, you'd have to send the remains back to HK, that's gonna be expensive!
Weird, last time i had this issue i sent it straight back to gigabyte instead. Can't remember exactly why, i'll need to dig the email out again.

Associate

Weird, last time i had this issue i sent it straight back to gigabyte instead. Can't remember exactly why, i'll need to dig the email out again.
yeh same here, when i've had a problem i've always been told to contact the manufacturer.

Soldato
yeh same here, when i've had a problem i've always been told to contact the manufacturer.

They're doing that to avoid responsibility, I've had that a couple of times in the past, and had to remind the seller of UK law with regard to this matter.

I have bought an item from a shop/retailer which is faulty – I have taken it back to the shop but they tell me to go to the manufacturer. Who is responsible for fixing the faulty item?

The answer to this is quite simple – you bought the item from the shop and your contract is with the shop. You do not have a contract with the manufacturer. The shop has the legal liability to fix the item.

Rup

Rup

Associate
4090 prices in HK right now, HKD$14999. If i wasn't skint i'd ask my brother to bring one back with him at the end of the month lol.
I think their 5% sales tax prob helps. if you bought that to the UK (and declared it) you'd have to add 20% VAT.

Back
Top Bottom