• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
I just cant get my head around how someone will spend £1700 on a GPU then complain about a £35 cable , on a gpu costing significantly less then would agree some may complain about the extra outlay but if your happy to spend £1700+ an extra cable isnt going to break the bank ;)

Smacks of "but Visa already took my card away, what do I do now?".

Last edited:
Associate
I just cant get my head around how someone will spend £1700 on a GPU then complain about a £35 cable , on a gpu costing significantly less then would agree some may complain about the extra outlay but if your happy to spend £1700+ an extra cable isnt going to break the bank ;)
If they do decide to change the spec again then no problem as im sure who ever i eventually sell my 4090 to will be happy to have the nicer cable with it .... and as for the EK waterblock i am desperate to get my hands on one :cry:
My block just arrived in the UK :)

Soldato
If they do decide to change the spec again then no problem as im sure who ever i eventually sell my 4090 to will be happy to have the nicer cable with it .... and as for the EK waterblock i am desperate to get my hands on one :cry:
I mean you could spend 1700 on credit and still be broke as hell.

Associate
to be completely frank with you for me the GPU loses its novelty in 1 month, people's brains are wired differently - thats where the value equation comes in..
but more power to you

Permabanned

You spectacularly miss the point imo. :)

I dont have a 4090 or need one for my gaming needs. I can still comment on stuff. :D

Associate
Smacks of "but Visa already took my card away, what do I do now?".
Ask to up the balance by £35 to buy a new cable :cry:
My block just arrived in the UK :)
Lucky man , I assume for the FE ? I'm still waiting for them to announce a block for the zotac cards :o
to be completely frank with you for me the GPU loses its novelty in 1 month, people's brains are wired differently - thats where the value equation comes in..
but more power to you
If a gpu loses its novelty after 1 month then maybe buying a £1700 gpu is not the best move ... personally I had a 3090 strix before this and enjoyed playing on it for 2 years solid , novelty certainly didn't wear off but then I enjoy playing games and a good gpu makes it that bit more enjoyable for me but as you say each to their own :)
You spectacularly miss the point imo. :)

I dont have a 4090 or need one for my gaming needs. I can still comment on stuff. :D
I never said you can't comment at all , I simply asked if you had a 4090 and have you experienced any issues with it which I would have been interested to know if you were having issues with the plug . Has anyone on here who has got a 4090 had an issue with the plug melting?

Caporegime
because cablemod are blatant profiteering of people they think are gullible idiots.

they bought a 1700-2100 gpu they must be made of money and easily convinced they need this cable.

Anyone who didn't have issues already probably won't, it seems the ones that burnt up 3people only so far? all happened almost instantly and was more than likely the cable not being properly inserted.

Cable mod cable can still melt, just probably has better QA.

I'ma keep using my nvidia adapter until a good PSU comes along

Last edited:
Associate
because cablemod are blatant profiteering of people they think are gullible idiots.

they bought a 1700-2100 gpu they must be made of money and easily convinced they need this cable.

Anyone who didn't have issues already probably won't, it seems the ones that burnt up 3people only so far? all happened almost instantly and was more than likely the cable not being properly inserted.

Cable mod cable can still melt, just probably has better QA.

I'ma keep using my nvidia adapter until a good PSU comes along
Cablemod are a business so they are in it to make profit or should they give everything away for free ? £25 for a cable that psu manufacturers sell for £20 ( corsair ) i wouldn't exactly call that profiteering but if that's what you see it as so be it .
Are you trying to say anyone who bought a 4090 is a gullible idiot ?
So user error rather than an issue with the cable ? If this issue was as big as it was made out to be surely someone on this forum would have experienced it already ?
Was looking on OC shop earlier and they have a range of atx 3.0 psu coming out but surely if the connector is the issue then a new psu isn't going to help .

Associate
57 Euros for 1 direct cable to my PSU and that's only the 3 x 8 Pin PCIE version as the Inno3d needs only 3, They are having a laugh haha, I'll get a new PSU first that comes with the cable for free, Sorry Cablemod your prices are ridiculous, I'll take my chances until the Vertex is available and if it catches fire I'll just sue Inno's or Nvidias ass.

Associate
Probably a smart move. I’m going to switch my card into a vertical mount so there’s no bend on the power cable and wait until I can get the seasonic vertex with right angle connector in December then move back to a horizontal mount.
That's exactly what I'm doing, I just ordered the Lian li PCIE 3.0 vertical mount for my O11 XL, I already have a PCIE 4.0 cable from Cablemod which I'll switch over and that mount takes a 3 slot GPU then wait for the Vertex GX.

Associate
57 Euros for 1 direct cable to my PSU and that's only the 3 x 8 Pin PCIE version as the Inno3d needs only 3, They are having a laugh haha, I'll get a new PSU first that comes with the cable for free, Sorry Cablemod your prices are ridiculous, I'll take my chances until the Vertex is available and if it catches fire I'll just sue Inno's or Nvidias ass.
it is not 57 euro , its 25 euro plus delivery so £35ish all in , the 3x8pin will supply 600w.

Associate
it is not 57 euro , its 25 euro plus delivery so £35ish all in , the 3x8pin will supply 600w.
I wish it was mate, I tried the Global store and the EU store via the configurator it's either 60 US dollars or 57 Euros all in.

They do not have a ready made cable SE/RT 16 Pin cable to 3 pin or 4 pin for my Seasonic Focus 850w Gold.

Unless I am going blind the only way to get it was via the Pro Configurator.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom