• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
I wish it was mate, I tried the Global store and the EU store via the configurator it's either 60 US dollars or 57 Euros all in.

They do not have a ready made cable SE/RT 16 Pin cable to 3 pin or 4 pin for my Seasonic Focus 850w Gold.

Unless I am going blind the only way to get it was via the Pro Configurator.
ignore the minimum order valve , will be £35 delivered to uk for your seasonic psu ... 3x8pin will work perfectly and is what i got , can do 600w no issue :)

Associate
ignore the minimum order valve , will be £35 delivered to uk for your seasonic psu ... 3x8pin will work perfectly and is what i got , can do 600w no issue :)

[URLunfurl="true"]https://eustore.cablemod.com/product-category/pro-series/12vhpwr-pci-e-cable/[/URL]
Thanks mate I appreciate that! Will that work for my Seasonic Focus Plus as there is a Seasonic Focus Plus gold and a Seasonic Focus GX Gold, This is where I am a bit lost,

According to the compatibility list SE/RT is for all Seasonics is that correct? For some reason I thought Seasonic changed up wiring on some models, Am a bit worried I get the wrong one and blow something up lol.

The one I'm currently looking at is this, I don't know if the link directs to the exact one or not.

Associate
Thanks mate I appreciate that! Will that work for my Seasonic Focus Plus as there is a Seasonic Focus Plus gold and a Seasonic Focus GX Gold, This is where I am a bit lost,

According to the compatibility list SE/RT is for all Seasonics is that correct? For some reason I thought Seasonic changed up wiring on some models, Am a bit worried I get the wrong one and blow something up lol.

The one I'm currently looking at is this, I don't know if the link directs to the exact one or not.

Would need to check on seasonic website and see if they have a compatability list and make sure the psu pin out are the same . I've got a corsair psu so unfortunately don't have any experience with seasonic psu but hopefully the info is on the site .

Associate
Would need to check on seasonic website and see if they have a compatability list and make sure the psu pin out are the same . I've got a corsair psu so unfortunately don't have any experience with seasonic psu but hopefully the info is on the site .
Thank you! I shall take a look now, Appreciate it.

I got one ordered for £34 all in from the global store, Cheers mate!

Last edited:
Caporegime
So user error rather than an issue with the cable ? If this issue was as big as it was made out to be surely someone on this forum would have experienced it already ?
well since multiple youtubers tried bending the cable and couldn't get the connector to melt it was either a faulty connector already or they didn't push it in fully and it had poor contact.

apparently, we should be worried because it's a ticking time bomb according to the hyperbole online, it's almost like people are wishing for it to happen

Rup

Rup

Associate
The hardware canucks vid confirms my findings. If I play F1 22 at 1440P UW, highest settings, RTX on, then anything above a 3600x CPU is fine.
DLSS also helps a lot, they tested with it off.
So no need for a new CPU :)

Soldato
3x8pin version supply's 600w no issue at all and cost £34 delivered to UK with import charges Inc

yeah it's the wording there which is weird, "16AWG wire to support up to 600W", but how much it lets you suck depends on the trace wire setup. How are they making sure 3 connectors are splitting evenly to 2 x 6 GPU power pins with the correct trace setup?

Associate
yeah it's the wording there which is weird, "16AWG wire to support up to 600W", but how much it lets you suck depends on the trace wire setup. How are they making sure 3 connectors are splitting evenly to 2 x 6 GPU power pins with the correct trace setup?
Will pull mine out over the weekend and get a pic for you if needed ? tbh i didn't bother looking where the sense wires went to as they are buried in with the rest so would have to dig them out but can confirm it will draw upto 600w no issue .. mine draws up to 550w in port royal with the 600w bios using the 3 x 8pin cable

I also got a cablemod coming.

But 18 euro postage :mad:
Total order should be no more than £35 including delivery and import fees.

Soldato
Will pull mine out over the weekend and get a pic for you if needed ? tbh i didn't bother looking where the sense wires went to as they are buried in with the rest so would have to dig them out but can confirm it will draw upto 600w no issue .. mine draws up to 550w in port royal with the 600w bios using the 3 x 8pin cable

Total order should be no more than £35 including delivery and import fees.

47.90 euro in total.
£43 via pay pal...never buying off them again

Last edited:
Soldato

nah it's cool, just wondering what they did with the trace wires

Associate
47.90 euro in total.
£43 via pay pal...never buying off them again
No idea why it cost you so much as everyone else has been getting them for £34 , @Adrian1976 above has literally just bought one for that price as well :confused:

TBH I really really hope OCUK are in contact with cablemod about purchasing a load of these to sell as would make buying them a damn sight easier for others and won't have all these issues about postage considering forum members get free postage on the shop :D

Associate
I have a Seasonic PSU, which exact one did you order?
I ordered this one https://store.cablemod.com/product/...ttribute_pa_pci-e-cable=16-pin-3-x-8-pin-pcie

If you check here it shows which range is compatible with which PSU's of different brands, It seems mostly Seasonic are all the same apparently but it's best to check here https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

Check your correct model and click the link on the left to take you to cables of that correct range for your model :D hope this helps!

Edit...I should add that is for the 3 x 8 Pin version as my Focus 850w Gold only has 3 8 pin PCIE outputs and my Inno only came with the 3 way Nvidia splitter anyway but I don't think it matters either way to be honest whether it's 3 or 4 other than the 4 way is more expensive.

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered this one https://store.cablemod.com/product/...ttribute_pa_pci-e-cable=16-pin-3-x-8-pin-pcie

If you check here it shows which range is compatible with which PSU's of different brands, It seems mostly Seasonic are all the same apparently but it's best to check here https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

Check your correct model and click the link on the left to take you to cables of that correct range for your model :D hope this helps!

Edit...I should add that is for the 3 x 8 Pin version as my Focus 850w Gold only has 3 8 pin PCIE outputs and my Inno only came with the 3 way Nvidia splitter anyway but I don't think it matters either way to be honest whether it's 3 or 4 other than the 4 way is more expensive.
yeah was going to say can check on the cablemod site itself , seems the seasonic and Asus psu use exactly the same cables / pinout going by the compatibility list https://cablemod.com/compatibility/ so the only difference between the 2 12vhpwr options is the style of the outer sleeving one being mod mesh the other mod flex... both same price :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom