• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
I literally wrote that 850w is recommended so wtf are you talking about: :confused:

However if you are buying a new PSU why on earth would you buy only the recommended minimum wattage for the current gen? Anyone with any smarts would buy a PSU that give you some headroom for future potential increased power requirements.

However, I am buying nothing. I am just using benchmarks to rule out buying anything. If you still didn't get that point you can continue on your path of how illogical it all sounds.

And it was 42 eur yesterday for the cable though

Last edited:
Associate
Good news is my Ek waterblock for my FE has shipped two weeks earlier than i expected and I will get it on Monday!

Bad news is I have to pay £50 vat and dhl fees to get it :(

Why didn't you buy from OcUK? Only asking as they were quoting better lead times than EK directly when I looked.

TBH I still want an FE and a block but I'm not falling into the trap of ordering the block before I get a card... that's setting yourself up for torture :p

Associate
Are you all ordering off the US site as I can't even see any of these cables on the EU store?

EDIT: Nm, found it.

Out of interests, why do they not sell individual 'standard' cables? If I need one standard cable, such as a replacement ATX24, it seems I have to go through the configurator, with loads of customisation options I don't want, and it costs a fortune. Why can't you just buy an individual 'standard' cable as would be included in a kit?
Aah you've already found it, Yes the US site it is cheaper than the EU store with a flat rate 15 USD delivery charge ignoring the minimum order value also.

I must admit their website is a bit of a minefield trying to find what you want, So easy to make a mistake.

Associate
Hi guys. Fast question. Will be any difference between Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock OC and Gigabyte Rtx 309 Gaming OC? Gigabyte is not in stock everywhere. But Palit is on stock.
Can i take Palit?

Caporegime
Why didn't you buy from OcUK? Only asking as they were quoting better lead times than EK directly when I looked.

TBH I still want an FE and a block but I'm not falling into the trap of ordering the block before I get a card... that's setting yourself up for torture :p

I've always ordered direct in the past and find they come in much quicker than OCUK gets them normally and in this case that is still true, Forgot about we had left the EU and there would be a £50 charge to go on :(. No where does it say how longyour pre order is on ocuk website so went with a known delivery date of mid november and normally in the past EK always beats that, rather than taking an unknown delivery time from ocuk.

And like you i didnt order the block until I had the card just in case I ended up not getting an FE.

Last edited:
Associate
Good news is my Ek waterblock for my FE has shipped two weeks earlier than i expected and I will get it on Monday!

Bad news is I have to pay £50 vat and dhl fees to get it :(
Nice one on getting the block early, not so good on the import charges... last time I ordered from them I never had to pay import fees , block got delivered no issue .

Caporegime
Just checking my Cablemod order (Still processing lol) however they've put a notice up now to say since the release of the 4090 their orders have increased 400% fold!

Hardly surprising given what's going on, They should be thanking Nvidia for ******* up with the adaptor cable.

So expect a delay with your orders guy's, One guy said his is still processing after 1 week with an estimated ship date of around 19th November I think it was.

Hope that isn't true it might have been quicker waiting for a decent quality new PSU if the delays are this bad.

Luckily i managed to snag an FE on 17th Oct so ordered from cablemod that day. Only took a week to arrive.

Caporegime
Nice one on getting the block early, not so good on the import charges... last time I ordered from them I never had to pay import fees , block got delivered no issue .

Yeah pretty sure the last block for the 3090 I got 2 years ago came without any charges but we may have been in the brexit transition then.

Soldato
No idea why it cost you so much as everyone else has been getting them for £34 , @Adrian1976 above has literally just bought one for that price as well :confused:

TBH I really really hope OCUK are in contact with cablemod about purchasing a load of these to sell as would make buying them a damn sight easier for others and won't have all these issues about postage considering forum members get free postage on the shop :D

They are ripping us off.

18 euros for delivery!!!!
And I won't get it till near the end of november.

Back
Top Bottom