• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
4 x 8pin. the 3 x 8pin was the same price so your choice. But yeah their prices seem to be all over the place once demand shot up!

Juist seen the cable is cheaper now but the shipping has gone up. lol
Yeah just checked my invoice and seems I was charged €15 for delivery but is now €18 for delivery ... my whole order was £34 but now its £37 for the same order but as you say probably due to demand much like the price of the 4090 , while in high demand are nowhere to be found for msrp :cry:

Soldato
@Gibbo Will you be working with Cablemods, Nvidia, Zotac, and the other manufacturers to deliver solutions to the power adapter issue? You have the details of which cards were sold to whom so know who needs a right-handed angle adapter and who needs a left-handed one.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo Will you be working with Cablemods, Nvidia, Zotac, and the other manufacturers to deliver solutions to the power adapter issue? You have the details of which cards were sold to whom so know who needs a right-handed angle adapter and who needs a left-handed one.

Nope, until the AIB make any official statement then there is no issue, to be honest we have not seen anything unusual in RMA rate and our R&D and SI departments have had no issues with any cards.
Any solution if becomes official will be dealt with at AIB end but so far there there is no issue that concerns us. AIB's and NVIDIA can see the same as you me and everyone else online, if they feel the need to take action I am sure they will. :)

Rup

Rup

Associate
Prices dropping elsewhere too but only on the inno/palit type cards. The tier 1 vendors seem to be holding their prices/ no stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jay still can't get the cable to melt though.no point saying of look the cable is 60c

it gets almost that hot anyway from the heat radiating off the backplate, you could probably heat up a cup of coffee from the heat of the backplate right next to the chip

Jay seem obsessed with the wires but it must be the actual pins not being properly in the connector

I just checked my cable to be on the safe side.
ywR8YtP.jpg

It takes a lot of force before you hear the click when pushing it back in, he should do a video where he doesn't push it fully inside or slightly out on one side like what would happen if it wasn't licked in secure and you tried to bend the cable to one side

Paul says at 11:37 that he thinks if one of the side wires breaks off but still has a slight connection, its the slight connection that causes the melting

In fact looking at the picture he shows at 12:01, the outer two wires are only soldered to one point, whereas the inner two are soldered to two?
It's probably arcing, that might be why Jay's attempt to force a melt failed because he disconnected the connector completely, there could be other variables though like quality of solder joints on the other connectors or even different wires used in those that did melt, given that not all adapters are melting suggests there certain tolerances that need to be breached to effect a melt

Soldato
It isn't

Screenshot-20221028-122954-Chrome.jpg

That a 3X cable.
Now put the price of a 4X cable.

I'll tell you.
It's 29.90 + 18 euros.

Caporegime
Are you guys still using your 4090 as normal? My new prebuilt system arrives tomorrow but this has kind of taken the shine of it and I’m not even sure if it’s safe to use now.
only 3 or 4 people have even had an issue out of all cards sold world wide

if the connector looks fine, you don't bend it around and it's securely clicked in place thenit should be good

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My word, people are blowing this massively out of proportion. Just use the bloody adapter, it's absolutely fine for 99.99% of people, 4 reported cases does not make it the issue people are making it out to be

Reactions: Rup
Caporegime
Soo cable mod is a must or just use adapter from card? Just asking :)
just use the adapter that comes with the card like Gibbo says OCUK have saw 0 RMA for a melted connector
Nope, until the AIB make any official statement then there is no issue, to be honest we have not seen anything unusual in RMA rate and our R&D and SI departments have had no issues with any cards.
Any solution if becomes official will be dealt with at AIB end but so far there there is no issue that concerns us. AIB's and NVIDIA can see the same as you me and everyone else online, if they feel the need to take action I am sure they will. :)

For all anyone knows it could be sabotage and people trying to get internet famous

literally 0 youtubers have been able to reproduce it and some tried multiple times

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom