• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Indeed and that's after what, 2 weeks? But not a recall for the card, just the cable

And all the mysteriously missing posts with the issue on reddit and nvidia forums ;) . Then people that don't use reddit the nvidia forums and social media to complain and just contacted the place of sale or the manufacturer directly. If there is 12 so far officially then there is clearly a lot more in the wild and then the scary ones are the ones not being noticed yet or the people that own them not even aware of an issue.:(

Last edited:
Associate
I have already said.
And most people on overclock.net who have the same card agree.
And stop copy and pasting with no evidence of a card. And what card do you have?
Yes you were wrong , get over it !
i don't care what the people on Overclocker.net say , i have the card, cable and a 600w bios
You want evidence , Here you go ...

20221025-151322.jpg

Associate
From everything I've seen it seems like its not even the cards themselves with the problem, an issue of whether the pins have been crimped or properly soldered most likely. Even when they have burnt the cards are still totally fine. Its the adaptors that are the issue. Hence why no one is having the issue with custom cables because they are better quality and able to handle the full wattage.

Associate
Looks nice that tbh Jay. :)

I swear you always get really good samples too... :D
Cheears Matt , much appreciated :D Yeah i have been pretty lucky with both my previous cards ( Thnaks OCUK :D) , the Strix would boost very high for a 3090 ( 2145Mhz + ) and this Zotac seem to have an almost top tier core as can get upto 3150Mhz on air so as soon as its under water should hold that boost much more easily and may even go a bit higher :D

Caporegime
Cheears Matt , much appreciated :D Yeah i have been pretty lucky with both my previous cards ( Thnaks OCUK :D) , the Strix would boost very high for a 3090 ( 2145Mhz + ) and this Zotac seem to have an almost top tier core as can get upto 3150Mhz on air so as soon as its under water should hold that boost much more easily and may even go a bit higher :D
3150Mhz on air, jesus wept. Can barely break 3000Mhz on the three I've played with. :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Haven't been on the forum much since getting my card 2 weeks ago, all I see now on here and reddit is people either panic ordering an expensive cable, not being able to fit the side of their case on, or how their CPU is now a complete bottleneck.

I'm still running a 9900K and for 4K/60 that's perfect especially with a good OC. There was one post on reddit where the guy has now upgraded to a 13700K, but his low FPS in benchmarks like AC Valhalla I haven't experienced so either he was running a stock 9900K or had temp issues before his upgrade.

The only annoying thing I have about the 4090 so far is I've put off playing my 2nd play through of Cyberpunk, which I started on my Steam Deck as I'm waiting for the update that Jensen was showing a month back.

So far DLSS 3 wise I've played A Plague Tale Requiem, Spider man and F1 22 and they all look and perform great despite people faulting it in slow motion on you tube.

I upgraded from a 3080 which I got for RRP at launch, I'm really happy with the 4090 as it's a lot faster in rasterization (as well as RTX and DLSS) than the 3080 and more importantly has more than 10GB of VRAM which was annoying while playing games like Far Cry 6 as it wouldn't let you use the Ultra texture packs.

So for anyone that's put off upgrading to a 4090 by all the bad press, I'd suggest just ignore it as it's not as widespread as the internet makes out and enjoy playing games on your system!

Reactions: Rup
Associate
I've always ordered direct in the past and find they come in much quicker than OCUK gets them normally and in this case that is still true, Forgot about we had left the EU and there would be a £50 charge to go on :(. No where does it say how longyour pre order is on ocuk website so went with a known delivery date of mid november and normally in the past EK always beats that, rather than taking an unknown delivery time from ocuk.

And like you i didnt order the block until I had the card just in case I ended up not getting an FE.
Nice to see blocks arriving soon from EK. I usually go direct with EK, but last time some people got their 3090 fe blocks with ocuk before I did (I ordered with EK as soon as pre order started) + I got stung with all the fees. I gambled this year and went with OCUK, hoping they get them soon as its killing me staring at the 4090 fe box :)

Associate
I always thought the Zotac design looked tacy when i first saw it, like a boat or something, but seeing it in a rig it looks decent.
I think its actually is a nice design overall, the only bit im not a fan off is the plastic rgb shroud on the side , i think it looks very nice from the front ( Vertical mount ) and the back plate is a nice design as well :D i just want rid of all that though and have a nice small waterblock :D

Back
Top Bottom