• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Rup

Rup

Associate
Just seen on other place that FE cards are now listed in their normal nvidia section.
Nvidia store now showing no FE's.

Caporegime
It seems project fear around covid was so successful it has hijacked people's brains and taken away their ability to perform basic functionality

are you suggesting gaming enthusiasts that would be amongst the first tp own a 4090 have zero online presence and would be totally unaware of this happening so wouldn't chime in with their own experience?

If Nvidia want to send me a better cable though I'm all for it, certainly not sending 40 odd euros to scaremongering for a sale cablemods

I would never soil myself to post on reddit. However I would post about it on here ;)

I ordered one before any of this fuss about the nvida adapters

Mainly because it will now match all my other cablemods cables in my PC plus I like the neater way of the join being closer to the PSU and its just 8 wires going to the socket on the gpu.

Last edited:
Soldato
sounds like a lot of over hyped doom mongering, mostly from people who don't even have a 4090

yea and he since did a video where he tried to get a cable to melt and it wouldn't so who cares....

The people who think it's an issue are clearly jealous of anyone who owns a 4090

HGdCRnG.jpg

:p

Associate
Ordered.
Hopefully it fits without having to re-position my pump/res combo. It's already going to be a massive headache to drain loop & re-jig the glass tubing.
Awesome, I feel your pain concerned fitting it in with watercooled stuff , I had to bend a new pipe for the rear rad so I could actually fit the gpu in place ... its less than ideal running an air cooled card in a watercooled rig but is what ir is until EK pull their finger out and make us some blocks :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime

HGdCRnG.jpg

:p
so how many cables did jay2cents etc melt again whilst trying to cause a failure? the only thing melting seems to be peoples brains.

youtubers couldn't make it happen but apparently they are death-traps that will spontaneously combust your PC, even whilst idle with 35watts flowing through the cable

we're entering urban legend territory now

Last edited:
Associate
actually any removal or modification of cooler void warranty. they don't use stickers, because you could just easily find them online and then just put another one
Well yeah if you sent the card back without its original cooler can understand them turning it down but surely as long as you present the card to them in the condition you bought it new then how would they even know its been opened if no identifying stickers.

Soldato
It seems project fear around covid was so successful it has hijacked people's brains and taken away their ability to perform basic functionality

What a load of bull balls ... Project fear ? Are you normal ?

Explain project fear to the 6,589,972 people that died... ohh wait you can't they are dead... Act your age man and show some sympathy and respect to the families that lost their loved ones on "project fear" and still people dying everyday. What a disrespectful thing to compare it to.

Coronavirus Death Toll​

6,589,972 deaths

6,589,972 people have died so far from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of October 28, 2022, 16:29 GMT.

Last edited:
Soldato
so how many cables did jay2cents etc melt again whilst trying to cause a failure? the only thing melting seems to be peoples brains.

youtubers couldn't make it happen but apparently they are death-traps that will spontaneously combust your PC, even whilst idle with 35watts flowing through the cable

we're entering urban legend territory now

Clearly your brain has melted. Go play on your 4090 we are all so jealous of... instead of typing rubbish on the internet. Or are you too scared to use it now ?

Arknor serious question... How old are you? You can't be young being a member here since 2005.. Come on start acting your age and if you are wanting to troll people go do it with :- https://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=b8d616e35e36e881

Last edited:
Associate
I dont know how to solve constant 2610mhz clock/60-70w,while card is in idle (Strix),tried in NVCP both normal perf. And maximum perf. All same,did DDU with a latest driver all same,all without msi afterburner not present on the system because with afterburner installed im loosing zero fan rpm and fans are working constant 30% 1000rpm,i have only one solution left, roll roll back 522 driver,any thoughts?
Maybe wrong thread

Last edited:
Caporegime
I dont know how to solve constant 2610mhz clock/60-70w,while card is in idle (Strix),tried in NVCP both normal perf. And maximum perf. All same,did DDU with a latest driver all same,all without msi afterburner not present on the system because with afterburner installed im loosing zero fan rpm and fans are working constant 30% 1000rpm,i have only one solution left, roll roll back 522 driver,any thoughts?
Maybe wrong thread

No idea but had the same issue with my strix 3090. Would never power down to idle. Annoyed the hell out of me as when I first got it, it was fine. So decided its either a windows 11 or nvidia driver issues or both.

Soldato
Blow this for a game of soldiers. I’m off to buy a 3090ti or might wait to see what AMD delivers. So glad I avoided the initial hype of the 4090. Sounds like a stressful and uncertain outcome.

You want a Nvidia card for MSFS, it has always worked better with Nvidia so heads up about waiting for AMD, but we don't know what they have yet and how they may have changed RDNA 3 compared to 2.

Reality is Nvidia is the right choice for msfs serious users as less issues and if you want to play the older versions too they work fine still today and not sure if AMD cards still work with the older versions as I did have problems with older versions on a 5870 sadly and why I gave up then and got a GTX 580 and cured the problems.

Associate
Well I thought I was safe with the Inno3d 3 way adaptor as I noticed a familiar pattern as it seemed to be only the 4 way adaptors affected however someone's MSI Trio has also burned which is a 3 way splitter so bang goes that theory literally (Sorry that was a crap pun :D )

I now have to wait probably a month for my Cable to arrive from Cablemod so what do we do.

Keep unplugging it everyday and checking before it does damage to the GPU and in which case is shortening the life of it anyway but then I don't care as it will be getting tossed out once my new cable arrives but then there's the risk of it happening for sure if I keep unplugging it and reinserting it.

At this rate I can see me getting a new crappy PSU just to have the cable direct to PSU from a crappy brand that's only available right now.

Decisions decisions and it's becoming expensive ones at that, First the cable then the vertical mount and now maybe a cheap ass PSU to tide me over.

Associate
I would never soil myself to post on reddit. However I would post about it on here ;)

I ordered one before any of this fuss about the nvida adapters

Mainly because it will now match all my other cablemods cables in my PC plus I like the neater way of the join being closer to the PSU and its just 8 wires going to the socket on the gpu.
12 wires going to the socket, we have the proper version ;)

Associate
Well I thought I was safe with the Inno3d 3 way adaptor as I noticed a familiar pattern as it seemed to be only the 4 way adaptors affected however someone's MSI Trio has also burned which is a 3 way splitter so bang goes that theory literally (Sorry that was a crap pun :D )

I now have to wait probably a month for my Cable to arrive from Cablemod so what do we do.

Keep unplugging it everyday and checking before it does damage to the GPU and in which case is shortening the life of it anyway but then I don't care as it will be getting tossed out once my new cable arrives but then there's the risk of it happening for sure if I keep unplugging it and reinserting it.

At this rate I can see me getting a new crappy PSU just to have the cable direct to PSU from a crappy brand that's only available right now.

Decisions decisions and it's becoming expensive ones at that, First the cable then the vertical mount and now maybe a cheap ass PSU to tide me over.
If it is worrying you that much mate best option would be to leave the side panel off and make the cable as straight as possible and make sure to have a lint free cloth close to hand to dust down the pc each day with the side panel off as if its anything like mine it loves to attract dust with the glass side off :cry:

Associate
If it is worrying you that much mate best option would be to leave the side panel off and make the cable as straight as possible and make sure to have a lint free cloth close to hand to dust down the pc each day with the side panel off as if its anything like mine it loves to attract dust with the glass side off :cry:
Believe me mate if it wasn't for the little lad I would have left the panel off and attached some sort of brace to the cable near the plug end to keep it straight :D

Oh yes this loves dust also haha even with all the filters on lol.

Associate
Maybe wrong thread
Not having this issue on the Zotac , currently at idle and clock is 210Mhz with temp at 40 deg and fans at 0% , gpu using 30w and am on latest driver with Windows 11 2H22. Are you using the latest beta version of MSI afterburner or have you tried Asus GPU Tweak 3 ?

Back
Top Bottom