• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Yes you were wrong , get over it !
i don't care what the people on Overclocker.net say , i have the card, cable and a 600w bios
You want evidence , Here you go ...

20221025-151322.jpg
Is that lighting on the front RGB or fixed blue? (On the Zotac Card).

Last edited:
Associate
Very tempted to get the Zotac Trinity OC. But I'll wait it out a little longer, want a card where I know there will be a water block soon
Its a very good card imo , PCB not as good as something like the Asus or Msi if that bothers you but get a 5 year warranty with Zotac which is handy , there is no warranty stickers on the card either so water cooling it shouldn't be an issue and not sure if im just lucky with my sample but was pleasantly surprised that it has absolutely no coil whine at all :)

Associate
Yes, that helps reach just about 3000. Can sometimes peak a little over it but not sustained and not game stable. Lower temps would surely help get more from them tbf.
Yeah next best thing is bring the temps down then as boost scales with temp on these cards ...you lose a few boost bins when at 60+ degs compared to say 35-45 when on water , if anything you may need to lower the oc as it may want to boost to high under water but will hold its boost a lot better once you got it dialled in :D

Man of Honour
Shirley 99% of people with this problem don't post about it on redit or similar.
Counting them posts as the total amount of problem cards is comical.

It's not that at all, but the ones with issues are the most vocal. I don't think anyone on OcUK has posted about having a bad connector and there's a good amount of 4090 owners on here, I'm sure with this thread, they'd be quick to post about it.

We'll likely get a free cable, so Nvidia can avoid the negative press as opposed to doing it because there's a massive issue

Caporegime
There's 2 posts, within the last 2 days from redditors who have had a melted connector. You said "bigger and bigger". Assuming those aren't 2 of the 4 we already know about, that's 6 connectors in thousands of cards. It's amazing you think Nvidia are imminently about to do a product recall for an issue affecting less than 0.1% of cards

They probably only need to send out a decent adapter

Associate
It's not that at all, but the ones with issues are the most vocal. I don't think anyone on OcUK has posted about having a bad connector and there's a good amount of 4090 owners on here, I'm sure with this thread, they'd be quick to post about it.

We'll likely get a free cable, so Nvidia can avoid the negative press as opposed to doing it because there's a massive issue

yeah surely though someone would have corroborated with RMA numbers by now if this was out of the ordinary
but still you can track reddit numbers to estimate how fast the problem is spreading (the rate of change), it might give us some kind of a fair estimate of RMA% by the end of November

Caporegime
Nice to see blocks arriving soon from EK. I usually go direct with EK, but last time some people got their 3090 fe blocks with ocuk before I did (I ordered with EK as soon as pre order started) + I got stung with all the fees. I gambled this year and went with OCUK, hoping they get them soon as its killing me staring at the 4090 fe box :)

Ordered 15th Oct and received today so 13 days. Not bad. I know people who ordered the block as soon as pre orders started and they had their block before they could even buy a 4090FE.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good news is my Ek waterblock for my FE has shipped two weeks earlier than i expected and I will get it on Monday!

Bad news is I have to pay £50 vat and dhl fees to get it :(

I had it in the basket and was at the payment page and saw they wanted £39 for shipping and I said **** that! That is a **** take IMO. I'll wait for OCUK to get them in stock.

Soldato
Its a very good card imo , PCB not as good as something like the Asus or Msi if that bothers you but get a 5 year warranty with Zotac which is handy , there is no warranty stickers on the card either so water cooling it shouldn't be an issue and not sure if im just lucky with my sample but was pleasantly surprised that it has absolutely no coil whine at all :)
Ordered.
Hopefully it fits without having to re-position my pump/res combo. It's already going to be a massive headache to drain loop & re-jig the glass tubing.

Caporegime
This post must be satire...surely?
It seems project fear around covid was so successful it has hijacked people's brains and taken away their ability to perform basic functionality

Shirley 99% of people with this problem don't post about it on redit or similar.
Counting them posts as the total amount of problem cards is comical.
are you suggesting gaming enthusiasts that would be amongst the first tp own a 4090 have zero online presence and would be totally unaware of this happening so wouldn't chime in with their own experience?

If Nvidia want to send me a better cable though I'm all for it, certainly not sending 40 odd euros to scaremongering for a sale cablemods

Last edited:
Associate

actually any removal or modification of cooler void warranty. they don't use stickers, because you could just easily find them online and then just put another one

Associate
Blow this for a game of soldiers. I’m off to buy a 3090ti or might wait to see what AMD delivers. So glad I avoided the initial hype of the 4090. Sounds like a stressful and uncertain outcome.

Back
Top Bottom