• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Although I've seen some charming pictures of peoples circus rigs, I like it black (like that guy on The Fast Show for older viewers), so was delighted to see this:

Works a treat.

The biggest issue is they can't sell these "cheap". Imagine if the masses get their hands on these, they wouldn't sell a GPU for years with the way the software is stagnating. They need to drip feed the performance by keeping prices high hoping the software starts to demand faster GPU's. Most are only just going to 1440p and my 3060Ti handles that easily. The same issue would affect AMD. Who wouldn't buy one for £650?

You will be fine. I also have a 4090 FE. I have the older HX750i (More like the new HX850i) - I'm using the two type 4 cables that have the daisy chain twin 8 pin PCIe plugged into the octopus adaptor. Even when maxed overclocked and pulling well over 500W, my adaptor doesn't get that warm to the touch.
On Corsair's HX PSU's the type 4 12v rails can pull upto 300W per rail, which is the same as the powerdraw as to the CPU EPS connectors.
This is why the new Corsair's 600W PCIe 5.0 cables only have two type 4 8pin to 16pin 12VHPWR.

Yes I have that corsair cable on order. My concern wasn't the Corsair PSU or Cables, rather whether or not the crappy adapter can take upto 600W through just 2 of its connections rather than spread across 3 or 4.
Very happy it fitted though, didn't even have to force the panel on so I still have my compact unit with a Dark Rock 4 pro CPU cooler in there too.
Was actually an easier fit than the 3090FE it replaced and what a cooler design...there is ZERO flex in that thing.

Last edited:
how can a 4080 be barely better than a 3090 at ray tracing.

Huh? Isn't this the norm? Where a new X0Y0 card gives about (within 10%) the same performance as a (X-1)0(Y+1)0 card? I expect the 4080 to be about the same as the 3090. Indeed, if we look at performance over the past few generations we see that the RTX 3050 (GPU Benchmark 12710) gives about the same performance as the 2060 (13999), the 1070 (13499), and the 980 (11227). Or the RTX 3060 (17,084) compared with the 2070 (16120 / 18,196 Super), and the 1080 (15,350 / 18,395 Super).

For anyone running an LG OLED i highly recommend you download the new Windows HDR Calibration app, it has made a noticeable difference to the HDR presentation on mine and no longer looks overblown when using Auto HDR etc :D

One way to get people to test win 11 for them :)

If it's ok with everyone -

I will start building an owners thread later.

Please, please what ever you do dump the "Roll of Honour" name rubbish. There is no honour in spending money on a product, and a roll of honour is supposed to be a respected list of heroes or those who lost their lives defending against tyranny in a war etc.

Rename it to "Owners list" there is no need to make it anything more than that.

Last edited:
Incase
Although I've seen some charming pictures of peoples circus rigs, I like it black (like that guy on The Fast Show for older viewers), so was delighted to see this:

Works a treat.
Great software OpenRGB, nice and light to control my Razer keyboard and mouse RGB without the Razer bloatware. (Why Razer decided to force you to download their software to change RGB, rather than have Keyboard Shortcuts, is beyond me...)

Works a treat.

Saturday night fever is back!

Yes I have that corsair cable on order. My concern wasn't the Corsair PSU or Cables, rather whether or not the crappy adapter can take upto 600W through just 2 of its connections rather than spread across 3 or 4.
Very happy it fitted though, didn't even have to force the panel on so I still have my compact unit with a Dark Rock 4 pro CPU cooler in there too.
Was actually an easier fit than the 3090FE it replaced and what a cooler design...there is ZERO flex in that thing.
Yeah, I just order one as their instock now.

Does someone from overclockers want to defend the fact that they have the ASUS 4090 Tuf OC at £550 above MSRP? TBF ASUS themselves are selling their own card at £380 over their own MSRP, which is kind of funny.

4080 is DOA lol. What a **** product hahahah. Needs a price drop to 900$ max like yesterday…
Real 900$ proce too, not fake.
I'd buy one at up to $900 easy. A quieter and coaler running card than my 3080 Ti undervolted, yet still pushing more frames. A win win especially after selling the 3080 Ti FE and just adding a few hundred on top.

But not a penny more lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom