• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Does someone from overclockers want to defend the fact that they have the ASUS 4090 Tuf OC at £550 above MSRP? TBF ASUS themselves are selling their own card at £380 over their own MSRP, which is kind of funny.
Read Gibbos previous recent posts in this thread he has already gone to trouble to explain the higher prices.

Last edited:
how can a 4080 be barely better than a 3090 at ray tracing.

what about in dlss3.0 games? and will nvidia ever release that playable RTX car racing demo? where's portal RTX? where the hell is dlss3.0 even outside of spiderman does it exist?

Shame elon didn't buy nvidia and fire all the lazy coders

Its an RTX4070 pumped up that's why! It's also why performance collapses at 4K when there is less of a CPU bottleneck on the RTX4090.

Please, please what ever you do dump the "Roll of Honour" name rubbish. There is no honour in spending money on a product, and a roll of honour is supposed to be a respected list of heroes or those who lost their lives defending against tyranny in a war etc.

Rename it to "Owners list" there is no need to make it anything more than that.

I will name it "The Owners List" for now and if people are happy we will keep it.:)

Interesting how the reviews are either those who are a bit meh with the RTX4080,especially considering the pricing and those who are going "this is the bestest GPU ever!!"

I wonder which ones will dump on the RX7900XTX the most!!

I started a review thread:

Last edited:
Be interesting to see the real prices given the $:£ is now almost at $1.20:£1 now. :)
Yes, but you need to remember that these things will be purchased at point in time with an agreement for delivery. So a rate will be locked in for inventory. Further orders I would assume would be at a better rate which would afford the chance to bring the price down. Not a defence as such just my thoughts on why exchange rate changes won't offer an instant impact.

Dont think there is anything wrong with "Roll of Honour". The 3090 & 3090 TI were far worse value and they still kep roll of honour title.

We aren't discussing the card value, we are discussing the use of the "honour" word in every owners thread, I'd say the same thing about a RX 580 8GB owners thread, it is a bad choice of wording for a product you purchase with money, full stop.

Back
Top Bottom