• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

Whatever you do do not buy into the fake Asus Rog Thor rubbish. They are not ATX 3.0.

Soldato
I’m seeing lots of 4090FE for £1950 or so with free postage… surely after selling fees and postage there’s next to no profit in there for these people? Why risk being screwed over by the eBay buyers for such little return?

Shame the scalpers still haven’t completely given up yet!

Last edited:
Associate
Well I still have a 4090FE sat in a box whilst I wait for somebody to deliver a cable. I had a Cablemod version on order that was shipped on the 11th due today. It's "still" stuck in Shanghai. I bought from the US site and I was surprised that for all their bluster about hand made to order they are still made in China. I also have the Corsair version on Order from CCL that was meant to chip yesterday but.... there's now an issue with that too. What happened to the world where the whole planet can't even make a few cables.

Last edited:
Associate
I’m seeing lots of 4090FE for £1950 or so with free postage… surely after selling fees and postage there’s next to no profit in there for these people? Why risk being screwed over by the eBay buyers for such little return?

Shame the scalpers still haven’t completely given up yet!
Yes at 10% selling fees last time I checked they would need £1870 just to break even excluding postage charged by the fulfilment partner plus their postage to the seller. hopefully this will make some of them think again with future stuff.

Soldato
Call me crazy but I'm not overly worried about my 4090 with the stock cable. Worst case it will melt (no fires reported) and I'll get a quick RMA. I can understand it for people who leave PC on throughout the day or at night etc. Still I wouldn't risk a third party cable, because you know they would use it to void your warranty.

Soldato
Well then the question is what ATX 3.0 power supply for piece of mind. I don't want my FE burning up.
I've not yet had an issue with any brand of power supply and used Corsair, EVGA, Gigabyte and Seasonic over the last 10+ years but for ATX 3.0 I'll probably stick with my preference for my own machine- Seasonic. No idea when they'll be available however.

Just noticed the 4080 FE's showing now albeit out of stock.

Last edited:
Associate
Call me crazy but I'm not overly worried about my 4090 with the stock cable. Worst case it will melt (no fires reported) and I'll get a quick RMA. I can understand it for people who leave PC on throughout the day or at night etc. Still I wouldn't risk a third party cable, because you know they would use it to void your warranty.
More a size issue for me, I have a Meshify C and my PC is sat under my desk just to the right of my feet. Using the supplied adapter would have cables right where I would likely kick them.

Associate
The other option is move the PC elsewhere and use cable extentions for everything... if that is even possible.
Unfortunately not, I have a small office for Work and after-hours gaming. 2m wide at the desk end where I have a single 2m desk spanning wall to wall. on that are 2 desktops side by side. I have 43" monitors so underneath and against the walls is where they have to be. I will just have to continue to wait but it does irritate me that something so stupid as lack of availability of a tiny little cable is preventing me upgrading.

To be honest i don't think the cablemod one will be that great as it still has that solid mass at the connector preventing a bend. The Corsair one is made just like all their other cables so is shorter to the part where a bend can be applied to the cable. I intend to use a sharpie pen or similar to apply a controlled bend close to the connector on that one and that should be fine whilst allowing my side panel to go on properly.

G J

G J

Associate
People seemed happy to purchase scalped FE 3060ti's when the scapler made about £20-40 on them when you could buy them direct for cheeper and with a valid warranty so it does not suprise me that people have 4090's for sale where they seem to not make any money on them. Maybe next to no profit is still profit I guess.

Edit: Its not as common now but theres still some sold 3060ti's over the FE pricing and some people are still paying £320+ for one jusy pay the extra money and get a new one with a waranty. :confused:

Last edited:
Permabanned
People seemed happy to purchase scalped FE 3060ti's when the scapler made about £20-40 on them when you could buy them direct for cheeper and with a valid warranty so it does not suprise me that people have 4090's for sale where they seem to not make any money on them. Maybe next to no profit is still profit I guess. :confused:
My father is dim witted with stuff like this (Boomer)
He thinks Ebay is the bee's knee's and only place to get something, to him it is safe.

This is why I interrupt him if he ever wants to do anything with his PC, I also do the same for my 1 year older brother who is not quite as tech savvy but a lot more than our father.

Back
Top Bottom