• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

For anyone interested, you can bend the cablemod one easy to make it fit within reason. Again, it's gone in my little Meshify C just fine.
Did get a black screen on first boot after entering windows but after checking the event viewer, I rechecked the cable and it wasn't quite fully in at the card end, takes quite the push to get it fully seated, all fine now.
I am glad you got a solution, hope it holds out for you!

What is this Members Market, I have loads of PC bits that pile up as I now refuse to use eBay do to spankers mucking me about. In my old bits basket behind me I can see a 2080ti and a few gtx650LP cards. I hate to throw stuff like that in landfill but again don't do the bay anymore.

What is this Members Market, I have loads of PC bits that pile up as I now refuse to use eBay do to spankers mucking me about. In my old bits basket behind me I can see a 2080ti and a few gtx650LP cards. I hate to throw stuff like that in landfill but again don't do the bay anymore.
Need 1000 post to access the MM , get them post increased but not via spamming :D

People aren't seriously considering buying these are they? The price just doesn't make any sense anywhere. Not against a 3080, not against a 4090, not against AMD. This is an £900 card, max, and really shouldn't have been priced at any more than £800. 20% uplift in price, with a 45% uplift in performance from the 3080, sounds about right for a new generation.

Last edited:
People aren't seriously considering buying these are they? The price just doesn't make any sense anywhere. Not against a 3080, not against a 4090, not against AMD. This is an £900 card, max, and really shouldn't have been priced at any more than £800. 20% uplift in price, with a 45% uplift in performance from the 3080, sounds about right for a new generation.

Me? Nope.

Some people clearly are.

All I remember is GTX 480, about 400 quid, 2x perf of GTX 280 that was about 400 quid too.
I looked at the 2080 vs 3080. Seems to be about a 50% uplift in performance, for actually slightly less money (800 vs 700 USD launch price). Now nvidia are doubling the price for the same performance uplift...

All I remember is GTX 480, about 400 quid, 2x perf of GTX 280 that was about 400 quid too.

my first nvidia card was a reference edition 980. I think I paid 410 for it new. Skipped 10 series and went to 2080ti watercooled, then sold that during pandemic for almost as much as a founders edition 3080ti cost me because I managed to get that at retail price at the peak of everything being stupidly over inflated and 3080's being as rare as unicorns. Even with inflation in mind GPUs have gone up so much. Although they are also more expensive to produce now too.

I looked at the 2080 vs 3080. Seems to be about a 50% uplift in performance, for actually slightly less money (800 vs 700 USD launch price). Now nvidia are doubling the price for the same performance uplift...
I think around double the performance but also double the cost, 3080 FE vs 4080 FE.
I think the price of the 80 will drop sharpish after Xmas. Could be wrong......

Last edited:
I think around double the performance but also double the cost, FE vs FE.
I think the price of the 80 will drop sharpish after Xmas. Could be wrong......
2080, not 2080ti. I'm trying to compare like for like. The 2080ti was basically a Titan. and the price no object reflected that. But Nvidia seems hell bent on pushing up the 4080 to Titan pricing, without the performance to match, and if we look at the previous gen. The 4090 should have cost £1200.

Launch day the 3080 could have been had cheaper than you can get them now, although that came with the caveat of having to wait a year and it possibly never turning up / being cancelled :cry: Took the first screenshot on 3080 release day ( was for a friend ) and for reference took another today , 2 years and 2 months later to the day pretty much...

Release day , 17th September 2020
Screenshot-20200917-151007-Chrome.jpg

Today 16th November 2022

Screenshot-20221116-005252-Chrome.jpg
To be fair to OCUK, when the 3080 launched £:$ was around $1.30. Currently listed cards were prob bought @ $1.10-$1.15 rate.

Back
Top Bottom