• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

The last generation of Nvidia card was really kind to us all. This time they’re clawing back that kindness and then some. Pricing is ridiculous. Seen some AIB at £1.5k already, insannnnnnee

PSA:

I LIKE AND ENJOY USING MY 4090 :D

No amount of doom and gloom from the posters who spend all their waking hours crapping in this thread can convince me otherwise.

No way… 4090 cards are starting to the £1.7k range.

There are going to be some dumb people.
They will still try without a doubt , most may be returned after 2 weeks unsold but that wont stop them from trying .... the sad thing is some people will still bite at the scalper prices if stock drys up :rolleyes:

Currently i can see 4090 in stock for £1800 , at £1700 they seem to sell out pretty quick ( FE gone in 60 secs ) , Scalpers will try fill there boots between £1270 - £1800 for the 4080 i reckon although hopefully they get stuck with them and have to return them :cry:

PSA:

I LIKE AND ENJOY USING MY 4090 :D

No amount of doom and gloom from the posters who spend all their waking hours crapping in this thread can convince me otherwise.

Most of us are annoyed because Nvidia is jacking up the price of the RTX3060 and RTX3070 replacements,far more than even the RTX4090 relative to the RTX3090/RTX3090TI.

At this rate the RTX3050 replacement will be a £500 RTX4060! :(

Last edited:
Most of us are annoyed because Nvidia is jacking up the price of the RTX3060 and RTX3070 replacements,far more than even the RTX4090 relative to the RTX3090/RTX3090TI.

At this rate the RTX3050 replacement will be a £500 RTX4060! :(
It does seem like their end game is to have the 4060 at £650 ... how about a 4050 for £500, DLSS 3 and its fake frames will save the day :rolleyes: Nvidia are indeed a bunch of greedy ******** .

The only owners they really looked after this generation was the 3090 > 4090 owner and basically stuck up 2 fingers to the rest . Imo the 4080 16bg should have been £900 or so and the £1270 should have been reserved for the 4080Ti

It does seem like their end game is to have the 4060 at £650 ... how about a 4050 for £500, DLSS 3 and its fake frames will save the day :rolleyes: Nvidia are indeed a bunch of greedy ******** .

The only owners they really looked after this generation was the 3090 > 4090 owner and basically stuck up 2 fingers to the rest . Imo the 4080 16bg should have been £900 or so and the £1270 should have been reserved for the 4080Ti

But the issue is the RTX4060 will be based around a GA107 successor,ie,instead of being the third GPU chip,it will be probably the fourth chip. The RTX4080 16GB uses the second chip in the line-up. Last generation that was the RTX3070/RTX3070TI and previous to that it was the RTX2080/RTX2070 Super and GTX1080.

Wait for Nvidia to do a "Super" rebrand in time for Atomic Heart in February. Even if an RTX4070 Super was £700 and close to an RTX4080 16GB,this would still be a hefty price increase over the RTX3070. This would be the same price as the RTX2080 which everyone criticised for being overpriced. Nvidia will get the Turing price rise they always wanted,but AMD managed to do enough over the last few years to thwart it a bit.

Then wait and see how the press will wax lyrical on Nvidia offering 90% of the £1200 RTX4080 16GB for "only" £700. Also wait until Ampere does not do well in Atomic Heart(conveniently) so its a "next generation" RT upgrade.

Last edited:
my first nvidia card was a reference edition 980. I think I paid 410 for it new. Skipped 10 series and went to 2080ti watercooled, then sold that during pandemic for almost as much as a founders edition 3080ti cost me because I managed to get that at retail price at the peak of everything being stupidly over inflated and 3080's being as rare as unicorns. Even with inflation in mind GPUs have gone up so much. Although they are also more expensive to produce now too.
When I got back into PC gaming it was with the 980FE > Maxwell Titan X > 1080FE > Pascal Titan X > 2080ti > 3090FE > 4090FE. Maxwell Titan was a huge bump over the 980. Pascal Titan X was very good too. 2080ti disappointing, 3090 great uplift again and 4090 looks to follow suit. I remember the first PC I built for gaming, Pentium 2, Diamond Display card, Soundblaster Sound Card, Power VR & SLI Voodoo 2...building one back then on window 98....f'ing nightmare

Then wait and see how the press will wax lyrical on Nvidia offering 90% of the £1200 RTX4080 16GB for "only" £700. Also wait until Ampere does not do well in Atomic Heart(conveniently) so its a "next generation" RT upgrade.

This is (unfortunately) the way.

What I find paradoxical is they complain about the price in many reviews, yets still award 5 out of 5 stars. Price is a major factor and a GPU (or any hardware) should not be reviewed purely inside a tech nerd bubble as if price is no object.

EDIT: To be fair some reviews did knock the score for the joke pricing, but the main tech sites seemed to moan about the price and soon forgot when doing the score.

Last edited:

NVIDIA GeForce 526.98 WHQL driver download & Discussion​

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mike Morales, Warhammer 40,0000: Darktide, and the new update for WRC Generations – The FIA WRC Official Game. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver supports the launch of World of Warcraft: Dragonflight and the addition of DLAA technology to Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.

Gaming Technology
- Introduces support for the GeForce RTX 4080
- Introduces DLSS Frame Generation support for VSync when G-SYNC is enabled
- Introduces support for HDR10+ GAMING standard

Fixed Issues in Version 526.98 WHQL
- G-SYNC logo is not displayed in the LG OLED TV menu when connected to GeForce RTX 40 series GPUs
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection may crash when launched on a GeForce GTX 10 series GPU
- [QNIX QX2710/Fujitsu Siemens SL23T-1/Dell UP2715K/ HP Z27q] Unable to select the native resolution of certain monitors from the Windows display settings
- [Daz Studio] Application crashes after updating to latest driver when trying to run simulation
- Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) service may report significantly higher GPU usage on certain PC configurations
-Maxon - Cinema4D + Redshift3D vidmemory allocations cause TDR or Driver Crash

Open Issues in Version 526.98 WHQL
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings.
- Older versions of Minecraft Java Edition show corruption on screen
- MSI Afterburner is not prioritizing GPU temp limit over power when selected in app
- [RTX 40 series] Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition may show random screen flash during gameplay
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/526.98/526.98-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Download https://us.download.nvidia.com/Wind...-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom