• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

4080 will have to drop in price or almost no one will buy that ****.

I’m starting to think AMD might actually have a chance to gain some serious mindshare this ‘gen’.

4080 in Romania is 2000 euros. I mean what?? Can get a 4090 for 200 euros more. Lol. This crap aint worth more than 800 euros.

Nvidia must be smoking some good ****. Funny thing is it’s not even AMD doing much, just Nv owning themselves hardcore.

Last edited:
2pm for 4080 FE drop, post in here if you get one.
Perfect chance to get a 4090FE though I bet as they will likely drop at the same time. The distraction of the 4080 will give you more of a chance...go straight for the 90! (that's how I got my 3090 in the 2nd drop after launch, everyone went for the 3080 first)

Last edited:
Ouch! With P&P what is the total for your block now then?

Looking forward to seeing your results!

I see OCUK have some EK AM5 blocks in which were on pre order, so hopefully 4090 blocks aren't far behind then my order can dispatch.

For the Active back plate version which i got it has cost pretty much £400 when all said and done with import fees ( £74 ) plus the block and shipping ( £320 ) so not cheap at all :eek: . The stock block will probably be £300 all in i imagine ... will be interesting to see what the prices are when they land at OCUK but can't see them being much cheaper once they put their bit on top . Maybe similar to what i paid ?

Will post up what its like for sure , also ordered decent thermal pads and will pop some liquid metal on the die to pull out as much heat as possible .. looking forward to it and will share the results :D

I will say the prices we see on the EK site are minus vat so not like we are having our pants pulled down in the UK as if in the EU the prices will have tax added to them either at the shop or point of sale.

Back
Top Bottom