• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Thanks. I'm only concerned that the orders page still shows that it's in processing but hopefully it dispatches before that updates (unlikely, but one can hope!). I basically asked in my ticket that if the block is out of stock then I'd be happy to have one of the non-ABP blocks but they've not answered :(

I've been lucky and never had a card with coil while, but that's RMA territory tbh.
As soon as you get an email it will change from Processing to Dispatched :)

In fairness we only had like 8 units of those, they did over-sell though as I forgot to tick a box on the product to pull it when sold out, sold around 15 in total, but another 8 are due in a today or two.
I will take a wild stab in the dark here and reckon the 4080 Strix is also selling well considering its price :eek:

I will take a wild stab in the dark here and reckon the 4080 Strix is also selling well considering its price :eek:

The Suprim sold much faster, I'd say it is clear Suprim is the new favourite flagship card amongst customers. :)

We do however have like over 50 Strix in stock for launch, but only sold around 10 so far, but it is like only 30 minutes into the launch. :)

The Suprim sold much faster, I'd say it is clear Suprim is the new favourite flagship card amongst customers. :)

We do however have like over 50 Strix in stock for launch, but only sold around 10 so far, but it is like only 30 minutes into the launch. :)

Thanks for sharing :)

The MSI Suprim is indeed a good card with one of if not the best pcb design for the 4090 and the cooler design is very nice so can see why its very popular card now , its also a bit cheaper than the Asus cards so a win win for MSI :)

Any card that exceeds £1599 we probably won't list, it is just bonkers, 4090 is a vastly quicker card at £1699 (FE model) so no AIB should be even remotely considering higher.

Our aim will be to have cards at £1249 upwards and no card should be more than £1499, any brands with MSRP's above £1500 we will take very little stock or consider not listing at all, it is way to close to 4090 and that is a card that is vastly superior.
0HqhSFC.png
:rolleyes:

Don't forget these cards are priced stupidly because Nvidia couldn't sell off its 3000, they have also ordered a load of TSMC N4 so what will happen when the early FOMOs have paid up and sales have dried up then Nvidia can't sell its 3000 or 4000 cards?.

Last edited:
I have noticed an interesting tactic used by scalpers where they pull an item that was for sale so that it shows "out of stock" or whatever you-missed-out message a given site shows....only for the same card to go back on sale, from the same seller, shortly thereafter.

They also raise and lower prices to create the illusion of activity.

It's like dragging a lure through the water to convince fish to bite.

When I first heard about Nvidia's efforts to manipulate stock levels, I thought it was silly to put in effort so that they could sell less product, but it makes sense in the context of consumer psychology.

I think milking the FOMO market first has been standard procedure. It just looks like they are trying to up their psychology game this time.

It's not just scalpers, seen this on a competitor web site with the cheapest (lol) 4080 at £1260ish going in and out of stock. Though my experience of stock systems would lead me to believe it is someone adding to their basket, then either having second thoughts or a payment not going through. Though there is a lot a gaming the stock levels to give trick the FOMOs.

Last edited:
I have noticed an interesting tactic used by scalpers where they pull an item that was for sale so that it shows "out of stock" or whatever you-missed-out message a given site shows....only for the same card to go back on sale, from the same seller, shortly thereafter.

They also raise and lower prices to create the illusion of activity.

It's like dragging a lure through the water to convince fish to bite.

When I first heard about Nvidia's efforts to manipulate stock levels, I thought it was silly to put in effort so that they could sell less product, but it makes sense in the context of consumer psychology.

I think milking the FOMO market first has been standard procedure. It just looks like they are trying to up their psychology game this time.
Yes and the people that do this say something like relisted due to a timewaster etc or they pull the auction within the last five mins and relist it with a new higher starting price.

Also I'm seeing some posts here along the lines of having no intention of buying something but adding it to you basket again with no intention of buying it just to see if its in or out of stock. Why?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom