• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

If the lines around the block and enthusiasm for the 4090 is any indication, the reception for the 4080 will be awesome.

Screenshot-362.png

The prices are really really high, the card actually looks great in terms of power consumption / performance. But the prices..

Keep them warm for me guys I'll pick one up from MM sometime next year :)

I have noticed an interesting tactic used by scalpers where they pull an item that was for sale so that it shows "out of stock" or whatever you-missed-out message a given site shows....only for the same card to go back on sale, from the same seller, shortly thereafter.

They also raise and lower prices to create the illusion of activity.

It's like dragging a lure through the water to convince fish to bite.

When I first heard about Nvidia's efforts to manipulate stock levels, I thought it was silly to put in effort so that they could sell less product, but it makes sense in the context of consumer psychology.

I think milking the FOMO market first has been standard procedure. It just looks like they are trying to up their psychology game this time.

OCUK using the tactic of reshuffling their listings so it looks like the cards are selling. The Asus Tuf 4080 was the first on the page but after half an hour it's moved to the middle and the KFA is in front with a coming soon sign. It was never in stock in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom