• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Ive been keeping an eye out, looks like the rest of Europe had drops but not UK..

Wonder if it will happen on the weekend.

I had placed an FE order in the last drop but cancelled last minute. I was told I wouldnt be able to order again - perhaps I'll have to order it under a different name..
How are you tracking 4090 FE drops?

Its a shame for consumers as Nvidia were ripe for the picking this generation if AMD had got their act together.
Well - that's the usual amd. I don't think they care. I was expecting them to completely roflstomp nvidia back in the turing days, cause they didn't have extra cost of developing RT dlss and the likes. Instead they were busy jebaiting....

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
I see that sales of the 4070ti, while being bad, are better than the 4080. Or so the reports have it. I suppose that does at least show that absolute price has a great deal to do with whether people buy or not.

Last edited:
Its a shame for consumers as Nvidia were ripe for the picking this generation if AMD had got their act together.

And yet even if AMD were to put out a gpu that beat nvidia's top end in every category, people would still buy nvidia because:

brand loyalty\stupidity\but muh drivers.

Last edited:
And yet even if AMD were to put out a gpu that beat nvidia's top end in every category, people would still buy nvidia because:

Well let them do that first and then let's see if your statement is true. I bet you a paycheck if 4090 was amds card it would have sold just as much.

Well let them do that first and then let's see if your statement is true. I bet you a paycheck if 4090 was amds card it would have sold just as much.

Do you ever read through review comments on YouTube\Facebook and the like? The amount of people that still think amd drivers are a major issue is utterly moronic. If they think the drivers are such an issue they're obviously not going to buy the card that uses them. Alleged driver issues have been a thorn in amd's\ati's side since the rage fury maxx back in 1999 which was a point in time where they were sub par.

Do you ever read through review comments on YouTube\Facebook and the like? The amount of people that still think amd drivers are a major issue is utterly moronic. If they think the drivers are such an issue they're obviously not going to buy the card that uses them. Alleged driver issues have been a thorn in amd's\ati's side since the rage fury maxx back in 1999 which was a point in time where they were sub par.
But they are problematic, are they not? You know how many posts ive read on reddit or other forums about people replacing their amd cards for nvidia cause of driver crashers and stuff? A lot. You know how many times ive seen people saying that they are surprised after swapping to nvidia that their crashes are gone? A lot. You know how many times ive read the same stuff about nvidia? Probably never.

Not saying nvidia never has issues, but they are leaps and bounds above amds. I mean we had the notorious 5700xt with the perma black screens, we have the xt and xtxs now having problems with hdr or power draw during playback and multimonitor (an issue that I had with my 7850 10+ years ago, LOL!). In this very thread I read quite a few posters being amazed - after coming to nvidia from an amd card, that lots of issues they had are now gone.

But they are problematic, are they not? You know how many posts ive read on reddit or other forums about people replacing their amd cards for nvidia cause of driver crashers and stuff? A lot. You know how many times ive seen people saying that they are surprised after swapping to nvidia that their crashes are gone? A lot. You know how many times ive read the same stuff about nvidia? Probably never.

Not saying nvidia never has issues, but they are leaps and bounds above amds. I mean we had the notorious 5700xt with the perma black screens, we have the xt and xtxs now having problems with hdr or power draw during playback and multimonitor (an issue that I had with my 7850 10+ years ago, LOL!). In this very thread I read quite a few posters being amazed - after coming to nvidia from an amd card, that lots of issues they had are now gone.

They're no more problematic than NVidia drivers, and the myth that's peddled that they are is laughable. I've had a 6900xt and a 3080ti all pretty recently and thus far the nvidia card has manifested a couple of issues the amd card didn't, and this is after a total OS wipe.

I occasionally get some weird freezing issue where windows playing YouTube just randomly freeze while the audio still plays, I didn't have that problem with my 6900xt, that can also occur using vlc player where the image freezes, the audio plays and it all kicks back in 10-20 seconds later.. I've also had an issue where the system will hang and restart that only reared its head with the ti card.

Last edited:
They're no more problematic than NVidia cards, and the myth that's peddled that they are is laughable. I've had a 6900xt and a 3080ti all pretty recently and thus far the nvidia card has manifested a couple of issues the amd card didn't, and this is after a total OS wipe.

I occasionally get some weird freezing issue where windows playing YouTube just randomly freeze while the audio still plays, I didn't have that problem with my 6900xt, that can also occur using vlc player where the image freezes, the audio plays and it all kicks back in 10-20 seconds later.. I've also had an issue where the system will hang and restart that only reared its head with the ti card.
Im sorry, not going to argue about self evident stuff. If you think nvidias drivers are worse, aint gonna even try to change your mind. Sure, whatever :D

4060ti has 3070 performance and 20% less tdp

This seems absolutely ridiculous. Was the 3060ti equivalent to the 2070...?? No! Who cares about TDP. The 4060ti should murder the 3070 for about £400. What is happening? I know it's a rumour but whatever

Last edited:
Im sorry, not going to argue about self evident stuff. If you think nvidias drivers are worse, aint gonna even try to change your mind. Sure, whatever :D

Who said they're worse exactly? Drivers from both vendors can have issues, they even list issues in the read me files for the driver.

Last edited:

So they should not bother? Should they keep doing what they are doing and watching their market share erode?

I think AMD could easily get 30-40% market share over the next 2-3 gens. They just need to play the long game and reduce margins.

Like had the 7900 XTX come in at $799 instead they would have sold a ton more. Even I would probably have one and be signing their praises.

So they should not bother? Should they keep doing what they are doing and watching their market share erode?

I think AMD could easily get 30-40% market share over the next 2-3 gens. They just need to play the long game and reduce margins.

Like had the 7900 XTX come in at $799 instead they would have sold a ton more. Even I would probably have one and be signing their praises.

What are they doing exactly? People had mad expectations for the 7 series once they heard it was chiplet based and as usual the rumour mill went into overdrive long before amd's slightly shall we say "suss" way of drawing comparisons to older cards were published. But they now have a tech that nvidia (currently) don't have and rdna 3 is the starting point. Moving forward we might well get more powerful cards from amd as the tech evolves similar to how ryzen evolved from being "good" to kicking intel square in the knackers.

Back
Top Bottom