• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

And yet even if AMD were to put out a gpu that beat nvidia's top end in every category, people would still buy nvidia because:

brand loyalty\stupidity\but muh drivers.

No they wouldn't. Need a simple history lesson.

Anyone wanna guess when AMD (or ATI) stopped producing good cards and lost their 40% market share?

Recently AMD have only done well if their cards were good for mining and it coincided with an ethereum mining boom.

My first custom PC graphics card was an X800 chip. Unfortunately, I've seen the demise over the years. Most of my cards up until Pascal were ATI/AMD cards.

Last edited:

That's just adding more contact points and nore stuff for people to fail in plugging in properly :D.

I dont know why you keep insisting on something that you are obviously wrong about, but you do you.

Add gif here to make myself look cool
Unless you have some sort of numbers over the years of issues for each set of drivers, then you're just as wrong as they are. So to claim you are right is arrogant. At the end of the day, there are thousands of hardware/software combinations so its inevitable that issues will occur.

Unless you have some sort of numbers over the years of issues for each set of drivers, then you're just as wrong as they are. So to claim you are right is arrogant. At the end of the day, there are thousands of hardware/software combinations so its inevitable that issues will occur.
5700xt. Do I need to add more?

Just looking at the last 3 pages on the amd drivers thread makes it obvious whats going on. 8% of the market share, 90% of the issues, i wonder why

Yes, actual verifiable numbers. Otherwise it’s just conjecture based on your estimate from a forum thread.
Okay, does the 5700xt ring a bell? That wasn't that long ago. What about multimonitor power consumption, which have persisted for more than 10 years, I used to have that issue back in 2012 on my 7870hd, lol and its still present today. What about the video memory clock not undercloking during light loads pushing consumption high during video playback, which also was present 10 years ago. What about the numerous people complaining about black screens and drivers crashing? This forum has a thread about both nvidias and amd drivers, a read through just last months posts (you don't even have to go back any further) paint a very clear picture. Especially considering the market share, if issues between the 2 companies were anywhere near close we would expect to see 10 times as many people complaining about nvidia drivers than we do about amds. And yet....

What more data do you need?

Last edited:
Okay, does the 5700xt ring a bell? That wasn't that long ago. What about multimonitor power consumption, which have persisted for more than 10 years, I used to have that issue back in 2012 on my 7870hd, lol and its still present today. What about the video memory clock not undercloking during light loads pushing consumption high during video playback, which also was present 10 years ago. What about the numerous people complaining about black screens and drivers crashing? This forum has a thread about both nvidias and amd drivers, a read through just last months posts (you don't even have to go back any further) paint a very clear picture. Especially considering the market share, if issues between the 2 companies were anywhere near close we would expect to see 10 times as many people complaining about nvidia drivers than we do about amds. And yet....

What more data do you need?
My son has a 5700XT, never had an issue with it. I had multi monitor issues with my 3090, never had any driver issues with my 6900 XT and not had any so far with my 4090.

What I've just posted is like your post, experience, not actual numbers that you could quantify. How many of those are down to bad drivers versus bad configuration/setup?

My son has a 5700XT, never had an issue with it. I had multi monitor issues with my 3090, never had any driver issues with my 6900 XT and not had any so far with my 4090.

What I've just posted is like your post, experience, not actual numbers that you could quantify. How many of those are down to bad drivers versus bad configuration/setup?

He just likes making stuff up and passing it off as fact. NV and Intel fanboi who spends all day arguing. No-one takes him seriously.

;)

No, my post is nothing like personal experience, yours is. I never said my amd card crashed therefore drivers are bad. Tons of reviewers were talking about the 5700xt black screen issues. Tons of reviewers are talking about the multimonitor power draw issue. Want me to give you links to reviews showing that?

No they wouldn't. Need a simple history lesson.

Anyone wanna guess when AMD (or ATI) stopped producing good cards and lost their 40% market share?

Recently AMD have only done well if their cards were good for mining and it coincided with an ethereum mining boom.

My first custom PC graphics card was an X800 chip. Unfortunately, I've seen the demise over the years. Most of my cards up until Pascal were ATI/AMD cards.

And pray tell why did they stop producing "good graphics cards"? Because the company was on the verge of bankruptcy and basically all their resources went into developing the ryzen cpu and platforms the gpu division were left with the scraps for the most part and had to make do.

Not if they followed a similar pricing strategy as last gen when their 80 competitor card was priced at $649 and 70ti competitor card was priced at $579.

But thay still goes down the same lines as amd having a competitive card and needing to price it lower to sell, those days are gone. They want to get the same as nvidia charges these days.

Last edited:
And pray tell why did they stop producing "good graphics cards"? Because the company was on the verge of bankruptcy and basically all their resources went into developing the ryzen cpu and platforms the gpu division were left with the scraps for the most part and had to make do.

I mean you giving a reason why they may have struggled to produce good graphics cards, doesn't take away from the fact they stopped producing good graphics cards.

Some corporation isn't getting my money out of sympathy.

I mean you giving a reason why they may have struggled to produce good graphics cards, doesn't take away from the fact they stopped producing good graphics cards.

The produced the best they could with the resources they had available, the cpu arena is where amd find it easier to get traction and sales vs the gpu arena. Had it not been for ryzen Intel would still be flogging us quad cores for stupid prices.

the drivers on amd cards are always terrible for about a year of the cards life. then they become decent and get better over the lifetime you own it. the thing is people just want cards to work no hassle. so its why most people choose nvidia and intel as they just work 99 percent of the time. until amd sorts this " amd thing " out they will struggle as always.

The produced the best they could with the resources they had available, the cpu arena is where amd find it easier to get traction and sales vs the gpu arena. Had it not been for ryzen Intel would still be flogging us quad cores for stupid prices.

That's great. But going back to my post. History shows if they produce good cards they will get a good market share.

Had it not been for ryzen Intel would still be flogging us quad cores for stupid prices.
Uhm, not exactly true. Intel was selling 6 cores back in 2013 for the same prices amd is selling 6 cores today :D

Had it not been for Ryzen, the most expensive mainstream cpu would have still cost 300-350€ just like it did for the 10 years prior to ryzen.

Uhm, not exactly true. Intel was selling 6 cores back in 2013 for the same prices amd is selling 6 cores today :D

Had it not been for Ryzen, the most expensive mainstream cpu would have still cost 300-350€ just like it did for the 10 years prior to ryzen.

Intel sporadically introduced a 6 core around the sandy bridge platform as an "extreme cpu", they even had an 8 core on and off for a bit. Amd introduced an 8 core on a far more affordable level with ryzen. A 5960x just a few years previous cost around a grand vs around £325 for the 1700x. Then for skylake onwards it was all quad core until amd brought out ryzen which has octacore options that were far more affordable than Intel offerings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom