• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Nvidia is offering a product with the performance I have been waiting for to max-out my VR driving sims, so I am willing to open my wallet. However, there are a couple things keeping me from getting too anxious. My current equipment runs my sims well in the vast majority of circumstance and, since I'm only shopping for more raster performance, there's a good chance AMD could make a better offer soon.
What headset and game are using that a 3090 can't give you the full experience? I do AC with my Quest 2 on a 3090 and its buttery smooth with a consistent high frame rate so im curious.

Soldato
I see OCUK had the Gigabyte Gaming OC in stock for a short time this morning at a good few hundred higher price. More like the price the Strix came out at!
Supply and demand, prices of the stock won't have changed since the exchange rate hasn't really moved. They will follow what everyone is selling at, it makes no sense for them to promote them at the starting MSRP when they could make several hundred more on each line.

Soldato
What headset and game are using that a 3090 can't give you the full experience? I do AC with my Quest 2 on a 3090 and its buttery smooth with a consistent high frame rate so im curious.
HP Reverb + night racing. PC2, AMS2, iRacing.

I can race at night at 90fps, but with a full grid I need to lower resolution and it softens the imqge considerably.

I can't max-out day time racing either, but I can run day time racing close enough to maxed that it looks great.

That's why I'm not desperate to buy. Night racing is not a common thing for most of the leagues I have ran in.

Last edited:
Associate
Appreciate the concern, I did test it without any adjustment on the GPU and it ran within limits anyway when my cpu had an overclock. That's when I sent the other PSU back. I'll keep an eye on it though.

In preparation for the last mess which was the 3000 launch which I missed out on I had so many tabs open I manage to nab two 4090s. The ichill and the Asus tuf oc. I think had I of kept the tuf oc with the 1000w limit I would have definitely needed a bigger PSU but kept the ichill it was 300 cheaper and saved a 150 on the PSU upgrade. I sent the tuf back.

So far MSFS with my 4090 in vr with my g2 has been fantastic, I can now double openxr to 200% and it's clearer and smoother than it ever was with my 3080ti. Very happy with the upgrade and actually only using about 50w more than the 3080ti was.
Can you post up your MSFS settings for your VR as going to setup mine today and give it a blast on 4090.

Soldato
Watching this whole stock fiasco being drip fed by Nvidia is allowing scalpers to take advantage again. This will never end, i feel like the days of gpu's being an item you would look forward to buying is gone. It now feels more like a chore and especially the price you have to pay, doesn't give you the same feeling i once had when i unpacked a shiny new gpu.

It's a real shame what's happening to the pc market.

The buying process isn't nice at all. Customer experience is dead and irrelevant seemingly. But the shiny shiny has had me majorly giddy. What a step up 16k cuda cores @ 2.9ghz is as my daily driver vs 10k cuda cores @ 1.8ghz.

Invite only based on some loyalty criteria might be the way forward on launches. Nvidia with the FE has it right and a step ahead of all retailers.

Associate
I think these are old quad series, 4 are faulty, the rest work, was wet, so cleaned and dried.

Found it in a box behind some rubbish on a industrial park, can i do anything with these or put on MM for 50 quid each.

Imagine if they were 4090s:eek:

Associate
you might want to check the temp on the cables, better safe than sorry
Yeah I probably should tbf

This is the description

Designed for RTX 3090Ti and 4000 Series】Fasgear PCIe 5.0 12+4pin male to 8pin(6+2) female sleeved extension cable is designed for GeForce RTX 3090Ti and RTX 4000 Series GPU. That means, this PSU cable can extend the length and work well with the original power cable to get a stable and reliable performance. Note: This GPU sleeved extender cable is not suitable for 12pin GeForce RTX 3090 Series GPU. Only support 12+4pin female GPU like RTX 3090Ti and RTX 4000 Series.
【16AWG Tinned Copper Wire】Fasgear PCI-e 5.0 extension cable contains 16AWG tinned copper wire. Compared with the standard 18AWG power cord (silver-plated copper wire), this updated 16AWG tinned copper wire can bring stable voltage transmission and higher power output. Meanwhile, this tinned copper can prevent oxidation.
【Up to 600W Output】Fasgear PSU extension cable supports up to 600W output. The plug terminals of the graphics card cable are made of alloy copper and tinned material, which can bring stable and higher currents.
【Neat and Tidy】Fasgear 30cm GPU riser extension cable, compared with the original 10cm power cable, can make your DIY computer system neat and tidy. With 4 transparent cable comb acrylic clips, it is convenient for you to manage this sleeved extension cable cord. Thus, this extension cable can make the appearance of the computer system more beautiful.
【What you get】1 Pack 30cm Fasgear 16pin(12+4) to 3x8pin PCI-e 5.0 sleeved extension cable with 4 cable combs. Packaged in a paper box can be sent as a gift. 18-month warranty and 24 hours customer service. If you have any problems or questions about this PSU cable, please feel at ease to connect with us.

Back
Top Bottom