• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Cutting it a little close aren't you ? I know it only draws up to maybe 320 watts but once you factor in your CPU, Cooler, Fans etc... that 525w is looking a bit close.
4080 usually is just shy of 300w in heavy loads (like CB77 with PT) and 5800x3d is most of the time about 50-55w. Let's say around 350-360w +/- total for the two. If it was some kind of overclocked Intel @100w -150w or more, yeah, couls be problematic. :D

Other than that, I'm playing v sync 60fps and that's less power hungry. Skyrim is about 90w CPU + GPU :)) .

Soldato
TBF the card is generally faster than the card it's replacing.

Replacing a card after 2.5 years of being on the market the difference in performance is so little, you'd literally have to be working inside their marketing dept. to say this sort of thing. Although I mean you could be the sort of person who though going form a 4770K to a 4790K was a great value upgrade, and marketing people love your sort.

Soldato
HUB are a joke. A rehash of basically every 4060ti review released including their own. They are pretty much as a big as embarrassment as Jay or LTT are now. TBF the card is generally faster than the card it's replacing.

I bought a 3060ti probably 2 years ago. By now I expect it should be replaced by something with a chunk more memory and performance for a similar price.

Instead we have a replacement that is marginally better but also costs more money.

Things are supposed to improve each generation but that shouldn't mean prices need to jump significantly each gen.

Associate
I bought a 3060ti probably 2 years ago. By now I expect it should be replaced by something with a chunk more memory and performance for a similar price.

Instead we have a replacement that is marginally better but also costs more money.

Things are supposed to improve each generation but that shouldn't mean prices need to jump significantly each gen.

I'm not defending the card it is a trash product. rrp of the 3060ti was more Give the 4060 2 years and it will be a lower than what the 3060ti is at now.

Soldato
I just can't really understand anyone trying to defend the 4060/4060ti.
Truly the bare minimum, and blatantly attempting to rip off customers. Few people want to buy a 50 class card with a different name tag, and a higher price. We should be happy that the review sites are mostly all on the same page, and calling it what it is "****".

Soldato
Imagine Nvidia get sick of their lower tier products getting slammed and think "why do we bother with this market of angry nerds" then maybe release one enthusiast level card gaming card every few years and otherwise focus on AI.

They deserve criticism but it would be funny if they were like "**** this!" :D

Associate
Imagine Nvidia get sick of their lower tier products getting slammed and think "why do we bother with this market of angry nerds" then maybe release one enthusiast level card gaming card every few years and otherwise focus on AI.

If the gaming side of the business was not so profitable they would have already sold it off.

Soldato
If the gaming side of the business was not so profitable they would have already sold it off.

And then for real this time, nvidia investors would go actually go to AMD or Intel and work on their projects instead. I can imagine some great stuff coming from them with the proper backing. It would be a nice change to the gpu market instead of nvidia trying to take the pee out of everyone.

Soldato
don't have a bar. Sets you up for disappointment.

Making value judgments, (hopefully good ones) on the things you spend your money on, sets you up for financial success.

I'm not claiming that I never waste money, (I did buy a 4090) but I try to be mindful of the money I waste so as not to let it get out of hand.

Last edited:
Associate

Take note, 50 series probably will be incremental upgrade again. They just don’t want us buying another 1080ti and keeping it going for 6 years lol

Associate
Take note, 50 series probably will be incremental upgrade again. They just don’t want us buying another 1080ti and keeping it going for 6 years lol

If they keep releasing incremental expensive upgrades then people will just keep their 3080 or whatever card they currently have.

The 1080ti was an expensive gpu at the time, in the enthusiast price bracket. The consumers Nv should be trying to entice to buy a new gpu are the millions on 1650 and 1060 cards. If 90% of the reviews are highlighting how poor value the 4000 series cards are then it is not good for their sales.

They are making a capatilist decision to increase margins on each product sold. It is their choice to make just like it is our choice whether to buy a product or to let it sit on shelves. With the current poor sales of current gen gpus the consumer base has spoken and the cards are sitting on the shelves.

Associate
If they keep releasing incremental expensive upgrades then people will just keep their 3080 or whatever card they currently have.

The 1080ti was an expensive gpu at the time, in the enthusiast price bracket. The consumers Nv should be trying to entice to buy a new gpu are the millions on 1650 and 1060 cards. If 90% of the reviews are highlighting how poor value the 4000 series cards are then it is not good for their sales.

They are making a capatilist decision to increase margins on each product sold. It is their choice to make just like it is our choice whether to buy a product or to let it sit on shelves. With the current poor sales of current gen gpus the consumer base has spoken and the cards are sitting on the shelves.
So do you think Nvidia care?

Back
Top Bottom