• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
I expect they will hold pricing for RTX 5xxx but offer a reasonable step in performance mid to high.

This gen was the realignment of price hierarchy, next one will be the performance bump that makes it easier for people to 'justify' as there will be big gaps from 2xxx 3xxx.

The low end will remain gimped, the next part will be to push people into the higher tiers by offering minimal gains at the low end.

Last edited:
Associate
Goes from dropping 350 on 1070 to a grand on a 4080, crazy. Tbh this gen is so **** I would be waiting for 5000 gen.
Pricing will probably be the same, give or take a little, probably more take from Nvidia, cannot see it changing barr no one buying any cards at all.
Unfortunately the downturn in sales last year started to become an upturn at the end of 2023.

The reduction in cost for the 4080 super was more a pragmatic approach by Nvidia, as that was the one card that was not selling, that and also allows them to slot in a 4080 Ti later in the year for £1200.

I see the current pricing structure as here to stay, and one decided by Nvidia, they have simply become to big and monopolise the market, simply because they have become the best hardware and technology overall, so we can complain but in the end we will buy, as people will buy the best they can for there money

If my 1070 does not die on me I may wait until the RTX 5000 is announced and see if there is a 5070 16GB, though with my luck we will all need 20GB of VRAM by next year.

Associate
4070 super FE is back in stock :rolleyes:
I can't work out if it's deliberate stock staggering (we do this at times) to help with volume flow - or whether they are just keen to make it look constantly sold out for FOMO which means people are way more likely to buy if they see it suddenly in stock again.

Soldato
I can't work out if it's deliberate stock staggering (we do this at times) to help with volume flow - or whether they are just keen to make it look constantly sold out for FOMO which means people are way more likely to buy if they see it suddenly in stock again.

I would say stock staggering but there's also the possibility of cancellations as during a time when an individual would order more than 2 units for scalping purposes, these orders would be manually screened and cancelled. The company involved in doing this is the preferred partner for Nvidia. I know the 1 per customer limit has been lifted though so i could just be chatting rubbish :cry:.

Soldato
I would say stock staggering but there's also the possibility of cancellations as during a time when an individual would order more than 2 units for scalping purposes, these orders would be manually screened and cancelled. The company involved in doing this is the preferred partner for Nvidia. I know the 1 per customer limit has been lifted though so i could just be chatting rubbish :cry:.

It still says 1 per customer on the Nvidia shop page.

Back
Top Bottom