• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Haha. Yea, they know the value of it is about to take a nosedive. If you are pretty sure you are going to be upgrading to the latest shiny, makes sense to sell now play on low settings for a few weeks. Plus it is summer so many will be gaming less anyways. :p:D;)

They've left it too late to sell on tech sites/forums as everyone knows the new cards are being announced in weeks so will hang on or offer far less than a few weeks ago. Might find a sucker on the bay or the like.

If you want to maximise the value of your old card you need to take a punt and sell earlier really and just go without for a bit.

I've skipped the 2000 series but will definitely be upgrading to 3000 - my current 1080Ti will get sold once I do but I accept that I'll get far less for it than if I'd sold it a month or two ago. You have to weigh up how long you'd be without a decent GPU and whether that's worth the additional money you'd get selling earlier. Obviously that's a choice for everyone to make, I just laugh when I see people claiming they're selling because they're not using the card :)

Soldato
A number of films that i have seen (and enjoyed) have been filmed on a Red camera. Without diving into the behind the scene stuff, I can't say with 100% certainty they were shot in 8K.
As far as i am aware most hollywood films are shot on Arri cameras.

Why do you ask?
Arri and Red are very popular and 8k is increasingly used. The Blackmagic 12k is going to put a big dent in this market. Its less than a third of the price my production company paid for standard definition Sony Digibeta cameras 20 years ago which was a TV production staple. They'll be Netflix certified very soon and at their price they'll be everywhere. I think these coupled with the Resolve ecosystem are going to be the staple choice for content creators for the next decade.

Soldato
Soldato
I think the New consoles will put pressure on PC.
I'm not too optimistic about that to be honest. PS4 is considered a huge success and it sold much less than ps2 from 20 years ago. Meanwhile the gaming market is way bigger than it was back then and steam alone has increased its userbase ten fold in the past 10 years. That's total stagnation for console gaming and you can see it everywhere twitch.tv, youtube, esports are all dominated by pc games.

It seems like apart from kids people don't want to game on consoles anymore, they are too limited. Even kids now love their tablets and phones.

Associate
People have said prices were too high for yonks,but always before launch some people pop up before launches,justifying any kind of price increase. Happened even a decade a go. Its like clockwork.

nVidia don't need to justify their prices to you, nor does anyone else, as someone else said the entitlement in this thread is ridiculous.

If it's too much for you, don't buy it. Don't go around trashing people who are willing to pay the premium for the best because your too salty about it. Remember these people are paying for the technological advances that filter down to your price range.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They've left it too late to sell on tech sites/forums as everyone knows the new cards are being announced in weeks so will hang on or offer far less than a few weeks ago. Might find a sucker on the bay or the like.

If you want to maximise the value of your old card you need to take a punt and sell earlier really and just go without for a bit.

I've skipped the 2000 series but will definitely be upgrading to 3000 - my current 1080Ti will get sold once I do but I accept that I'll get far less for it than if I'd sold it a month or two ago. You have to weigh up how long you'd be without a decent GPU and whether that's worth the additional money you'd get selling earlier. Obviously that's a choice for everyone to make, I just laugh when I see people claiming they're selling because they're not using the card :)

Yea :)

Associate
nVidia don't need to justify their prices to you, nor does anyone else, as someone else said the entitlement in this thread is ridiculous.

If it's too much for you, don't buy it. Don't go around trashing people who are willing to pay the premium for the best because your too salty about it. Remember these people are paying for the technological advances that filter down to your price range.

Wow why don't you call him a Pleb while you're at it

Soldato
People have said prices were too high for yonks,but always before launch some people pop up before launches,justifying any kind of price increase. Happened even a decade a go. Its like clockwork.

Jensen? stop creating alt accounts. It is getting tiresome.

ljt

ljt

Soldato

D

ljt

ljt

Soldato

lol yet another one who thinks its purely because "you can't afford it"

Stop being so narrow minded.

Back
Top Bottom