• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

I had one on my titanxp, noise and clockability are improved, was able to get it over 2ghz and it mainly stuck around that speed. On the stock cooler it was noisy and would throttle pretty quick.

Hmmm. Food for thought right there. May have to hold out for a 3090 AIO if someone does one for a “reasonable” price.

Not going to pay an extra £250 for it though as the 3090 is already pricey enough!

Yeah, you would think that would have looked better to hide the cable underneath. If its location has nothing to do with the overall cooling solution, then its going to need some interesting cable management.

Given that the pic he posted wasn't under the card at all, then no that placement would be even worse, the cable sticking out up on top of the card.

I just don't understand the power lead placement. It looks crap.

Edit : and yeah i dont really care in my own case but for people chasimg aesthetics it looks poo. Spoils it.
because that is where the PCB ends. the pcb is the half the size of that cooler. so from pci bracket to middle thats the entire card
however they could have put it at the other end but would closer to the back of the case... so even worse

Was just about to say as well. It looks unnatural and like you've stuck it in the worst possible place.
its the best possible place for the pcb design
now flip the image in your head imagine the card in the slot

would you rather the port by the pci bracket or close to the end of the pcb? (eg middle?)
h
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-PCB-3-850x563.jpg

I looked at AIO 2080Ti’s but didn’t get one in the end.

Do they typically OC more than on air? Or is it just an effort to reduce noise?

Clearly they won’t cool as well as a CLC.

They will hold their max boost and be more consistent as far as the boost algorithm is concerned. As it steps up in temps above a certain threshold then the boost steps down 1 step until it reaches next temp threshold. It's a little bit easier to stop it reaching these temp thresholds with an AIO.

How would the cables be flat? They would be sticking up out the top of the card. At least with the current positioning, in the majority of cases you will be able to bend the cable round and under card through the psu shroud grommet. Or at least you would be a able to if nvidia had made the adapter long enough!

If the card is horizontal then it would be flat against the back of the card, if its vertical then it would be behind the card and unseen.

Then it would indeed be the back. But given vertical mounting is niche and non standard then it's a pretty erroneous argument to make.

Like saying the back plate is on the front of the card just because of the way a standard atx install is facing? It's called back plate for a reason, and that reason doesn't flip flop depending on how you install it.

The cooler has clearly not been designed with vertical mounting in mind.

Remains to be seen how it works with vertical mounting.

I forget, engineers/developers never make any mistakes ever do they. That's why all products ever made are totally flawless.
So some random guys on a forum who have never even had the card in hand know better than the guys who designed the card?

The power connector placement virtually looks like an afterthought, it's not a deal breaker but it is a weird position.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that an integral part of the GPU was not an afterthought. If the cooler performs them who cares if the power connector is about 5cm away from where it usually is.

If they put a 2nd connector exactly mirrored/opposite it (you choose which one to use), I am sure going by past set ups there is enough room with it in Mobo slot esp as its at an angle to run a cable along back of card and out Mobo Tray grommet/hole for neatness.

So some random guys on a forum who have never even had the card in hand know better than the guys who designed the card?

Do you have to have the card in hand to SEE where the power connector is and the obvious issues with cable management it causes? Whether it can be placed better or not due to the short PCB doesn't stop it being problematic.

Back
Top Bottom