• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia announces RTX 2060, more powerful than GTX 1070 Ti at $350

Soldato
£457 for a 2060? I just came here to laugh at that. Ridiculous. Could get a 1080 for that.

£329 for founders edition and that is with a game.... not too bad.

(I say not too bad.... its not great either forgetting everything we know now about RTX generation normally this kind of card would have been in the £200-£250 bracket. (mid range gaming gpu)

Associate
I don't see Nvidia holding this farce together. Shares have tanked. RTX cards aren't selling. Gonna have to be a correction, and i think that will be the 11 series.

Soldato
I don't see Nvidia holding this farce together. Shares have tanked. RTX cards aren't selling. Gonna have to be a correction, and i think that will be the 11 series.

I think there will only be a (high end part) 11 series if there is a glut of otherwise capable chips with faulty RTX bits, otherwise i think they will be simply chopped down and remarketed as gtx1160 and below. (massive kudos if they allowed users to unlock the card beyond that and play around with them but i do not see that happening).

other than that i think the best choice would be to stay the course, take the hit and make this a v short generation and move onto 7nm ASAP and then bring out the "new and improved" RTX 2180 and what ever, this time running faster AND at a more palatable price. With no competition from AMD i think long term this would be the least damaging overall rather than them admitting they made a mistake with RTX and took the pi.. on pricing.

if they go the way i am suggesting they can just say "look guys we know it was pricy but there was no other way to do it when we did, now however we can do it at a much more consumer friendly level and RTX is STILL the future!".

Associate
There isn't, as we set the pricing, if we didn't want them this high, we wouldn't have set them at that. :)
whilst the vote with your wallet option does work, it only generally works after the fact. therefore people voting with there wallet now will have to wait for the next release to see a change, do you really see people being able to wait a generation to game or do you see them moving on and finding something else? i/e another card or console or even saving up and buying one at an inflated price whilst not really wanting to.
sometimes its easier said than done.

Soldato
Yes.

Go to 9:19

That's not conclusive, just one persons initial investigation and spin on it. Probably got lots of hits for the video during a time people want to hit on the RT series :),
if it was as easy as that, why are NV going throught he complex process of getting DLSS implemented and working with the game devs? Interesting though but not conclusive.
So why don;t 4K gamers use that setting(1800P) if it gives a big improvement in frame rate rather than using native 4K?

bru

bru

Soldato
For once it doesn't seem to be NVidia's fault, if they can do the 2060 founders edition for £329, Why are the AIB cards from £350.
Considering the 2070 FE is £549 and yet AIB cards are from £450.
The 2080 FE is £749 AIB cards are from £690.
The 2080ti FE is £1099 AIB from £990.

Why are the AIB 2060's so expensive compared to the other cards in the RTX range, maybe they will settle after a few days when they are no longer on pre order, but they will probably go up rather than down.

Soldato
For once it doesn't seem to be NVidia's fault, if they can do the 2060 founders edition for £329, Why are the AIB cards from £350.
Considering the 2070 FE is £549 and yet AIB cards are from £450.
The 2080 FE is £749 AIB cards are from £690.
The 2080ti FE is £1099 AIB from £990.

Why are the AIB 2060's so expensive compared to the other cards in the RTX range, maybe they will settle after a few days when they are no longer on pre order, but they will probably go up rather than down.

Actually you can find RTX 2060 AIB cards from £329 elsewhere.

bru

bru

Soldato
Actually you can find RTX 2060 AIB cards from £329 elsewhere.

Yes I found one other site with that price for a single model, then all the others were about the same as OCUK. Overall the AIB's seem to have set a higher price for the 2060 than the other RTX models, compared to the FE prices.

Obviously we cannot talk too much about competitor prices here as it is against the forum rules.

Caporegime
whilst the vote with your wallet option does work, it only generally works after the fact. therefore people voting with there wallet now will have to wait for the next release to see a change, do you really see people being able to wait a generation to game or do you see them moving on and finding something else? i/e another card or console or even saving up and buying one at an inflated price whilst not really wanting to.
sometimes its easier said than done.
There is something deeply wrong with us if people decide they can't skip a generation, and feel they must buy a GPU they themselves consider massively overpriced.

Something terribly wrong.

Back
Top Bottom