• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia App - the new replacement for the Legacy Nvidia Control Panel,Geforce Experience and RTX Experience

i am fine as long as it is optional, the control panel is enough for me and i dont want to install unnecessary bloatware
also the probability of crashing increases with the number of redundant background processes
and while playing a game i would rather prefer to concentrate on the game

also the control panel is a better fit for office use

New update is out and the overlay now shows GPU power usage again :D

YlsudVYl.jpg

The actual big news imo is GeForce app users as of today will be able to claim a 3 months gamepass subscription for free
This might actually convince me to give it a go, any idea how long this will last? Gotta try and time it so that I activate when I have some free time

That's a new one to me, I use DDU, is that not standard anymore?
I have not used DDU in ages.

People will swear by it and use it all the time, others will not and have no issues.

When I update my drivers I use NVCleanInstall, select what I want to install and then during the install there is a "clean install" option which I tick.

To be honest I tend to not update my drivers unless there is an issue\need so I can be a few versions behind at times.

As mentioned earlier, really no need to use ddu/nvci if you're just updating drivers. Just wasting extra time really over something NV installer has been doing for ages now anyway, as in proving a clean install when updating with no crap left behind related to old drivers.

GeForce 555.99 WHQL

Game Ready for Pax Dei and Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Pax Dei and Still Wakes the Deep. Further support for new titles includes the launch of the Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree expansion.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [GeForce Experience] Flickering or black screen if Instant Replay is enabled [4665009]
  • [NVIDIA app] FPS overlay showing NA in multiple games [4608943]

Fixed General Bugs

• CUDA 12.5 does not work with CUDA enabled Docker images [4668302]
  • [Microsoft New Teams/Outlook] Visual artifacts when MFAA is enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel [4608670]
  • LG OLED48C4 TV is not detected as G-SYNC Compatible [4645783]
  • LG 32GS95UE is not detected as G-SYNC Compatible [4564083]

support AV1 encoding for nvidia app here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/software/nvidia-app/

Studio driver - https://us.download.nvidia.com/Wind...10-win11-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql.exe

Ok so tried out the AV1 recording at 120fps and seems youtube doesn't like it as I see this:

oc90lc8.png

However, If I convert the Nvidia AV1 clip to AV1 using Handbrake, then that uploads fine...

Is this the first software option nV have had for AV1?! - I'd assumed it was supported already as haven't they had hardware encoders since 4xxx launch?
Not sure if it was supported on OBS as I've gone 3060ti > 7900XT

No it's just that shadow play can now record directly to AV1 instead of being H264/HEVC which is what it's always been, regardless of the GPU.

RTX40 series have AV1 encoders and have been usable by all software like Handbrake/OBS etc from week 1 of launch.

This update isn't a software AV1 encoder, it simply uses the hardware encoders if you have an RTX 40 series, it means you won't need to record at a higher bitrate to retain native quality and then convert to AV1 in Handbrake etc to then get the filesize down ready for uploading a smaller file at the same quality etc.

As mentioned earlier, really no need to use ddu/nvci if you're just updating drivers. Just wasting extra time really over something NV installer has been doing for ages now anyway, as in proving a clean install when updating with no crap left behind related to old drivers.
Nice one, saves me a few minutes next time I update!

No it's just that shadow play can now record directly to AV1 instead of being H264/HEVC which is what it's always been, regardless of the GPU.

RTX40 series have AV1 encoders and have been usable by all software like Handbrake/OBS etc from week 1 of launch.

This update isn't a software AV1 encoder, it simply uses the hardware encoders if you have an RTX 40 series, it means you won't need to record at a higher bitrate to retain native quality and then convert to AV1 in Handbrake etc to then get the filesize down ready for uploading a smaller file at the same quality etc.
Ah thanks.. Yeah I mis-spoke when I said software option - What I meant was that nV's software supported use of the hardware encoding for AV1 (regardless of output file format, if that makes sense)

I don't think I've used GFE/Shadowplay since my 1070, as the quality on that was no match for CPU encoded h264 and since then I've always had enough CPU power on hand to do it that way instead.
I briefly tested GPU options when I got the 7900XT, but have re-installed windows and everything else since then so can't remember what I settled on... Just checked OBS and the only options I can see are h264 (software) or AMD h264, so no idea what happened to the h265/AV1 options! never mind, just opened the settings again and they're all there now :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom