• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia DLSS 5 months on-a win or fail?

Soldato
You would have the same result by turning off the FPS counter and smearing your screen with vaseline
I only do that when viewing certain websites .
Add in that every single game needs to be done individually so will never cover all games means it's even more pointless.
Nah, it'll be brill later. If Ti's were selling for £670 you'd be saying "I can't wait for Nvidia to improve DLSS and get it into more games". IMO the biggest problem is psychology at the moment, those channelling their anger into RT and DLSS hate because of pricing frustration and I agree, they're not cheap.

Still think you're missing the point a bit. When someone is immersed into the game they don't see a difference or care and it looks and performs similar to other games too which don't even have RT (ie, Far Cry New Dawn). Don't get me wrong I'll be disappointed in a year from now if it doesn't improve but it seems like improvements are being made already. I've previously mentioned some things I don't like myself like not beign able to use DLSS without RT in BFV but overall it's fien for now IMO,.
When I did the before and after comparison I could tell the difference. I left it on, get 30% improvements in some MP maps, no longer monitor FPS and will just see how it improves. You soon don't notice any difference once immersed

Last edited:
Associate
1995 I meant :).
I know what you said but as above I find the whole fail/win thing at this stage irrelevant and many of those calling it a fail haven't even tried real gameplay themselves (ie, not gawping at before and after screenies). It does need improving I think we can probably all agree on that.

Can't wait for the "Brexit 5 months on, win or fail" thread which is certainly going to be a fail (nothing much would have changed by then, possibly some bad times). A sure fire wind up that'd be.
Yeah DLSS is quite similar to Brexit when you sit down and think about it all.

Soldato
Can certainly see the improvement in that video above shame i don't have the game to try it for myself.

I can understand why DLSS is getting such a hard time from people but it does show that improvements can be made.

Soldato
I got it right in the Bf5 tests but it was not as easy as i thought it would be although i viewed it on my old 1200p tn as i was still playing on my 4k ips so couldn't be bothered to shut the game down :D. The improvement in Metro since the patch is also very good and i would say it was definitely now playable. Night and day difference so props to the Metro team and Nvidia for that fix. There is definitely hope after this that DLSS will come good. Can see a lot of RTX buyers now wiping some sweat of there brows lol.

Man of Honour
Months to add smaa, Fxaa, Taa? What the hell you talking about?
These are just post processing

I mean both FXAA and forms of TAA can be custom implemented as well as just turned on - The Division has its own built in TAA for instance but it didn't take months of development.

I'm not sure where Athlon gets his ideas from sometimes.

Soldato
I mean both FXAA and forms of TAA can be custom implemented as well as just turned on - The Division has its own built in TAA for instance but it didn't take months of development.

I'm not sure where Athlon gets his ideas from sometimes.

You know exactly where he pulled it from. Half way down his/her body and between two cheeks.

Caporegime
Quite the improvement I am impressed! Its still not quite there though.

sAfxcaH.jpg

ZX44Y45.jpg

I think this just highlights how much potential DLSS and how much the technology can be improved in the next year.

That is a massive improvement in just a few weeks and 1 single patch.

It also shows that those early comparisons were clearly flawed. Something was wrong. It is also disappointing Nvidia would have been happy to release the DLSS support shown earlier when it was clear not up to par. That has cinema lot of damage that will be hard to convince the sceptics of the potential.

Back
Top Bottom