• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
I just noticed that "ETA: 14th April 2017" is now showing when you hover your mouse on the "Pre Order" text for...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...xpress-graphics-card-zt-p10810-gx-10f-zt.html

Can Gibbo or anyone else from OCUK comment on where this date came from and how solid it is at this stage?

I pre ordered one of these beasties back on the launch day for the Ti so hopefully I'm near the front of the queue!

NO GRAPHICS CARD FOR YOU NAUGHTY NAUGHTY. The wait will be excruciating

Soldato
the 14th April is possibly a milestone date where AIB's can start shipping to end-users. That specific date has been posted by other retailers for lots and lots of other AIB cards from the key vendors.

Soldato
Sorry i meant custom cards, amd also have a lot to learn from their ridiculous pricing when the fury was released as do nvidia

But that makes it difficult to judge what AMD are releasing at and what is markup from manufactures so I think we need the base point that we need to compare reference between AMD Vega & the Nvidia cards.

Once we have that delta we can see where custom comes in and if there is any gouging going on with one brand more than other from them.

Associate
But that makes it difficult to judge what AMD are releasing at and what is markup from manufactures so I think we need the base point that we need to compare reference between AMD Vega & the Nvidia cards.

Once we have that delta we can see where custom comes in and if there is any gouging going on with one brand more than other from them.

Yep i agree, tbh I'm not a fan of any reference cards, why I've never owned a reference card, family have and that has put me off, amd's stance was always performance as good as nvidia if not better but way cheaper in the past, not anymore however, there has to be competition for prices to drop and unfortunately amd have slowly fallen off the scale, i don't know anything about vega however all the rage was the fury before it was released and it was a let down in the end, was going to order the fury when it was 1st available but performance/price ratio just wasn't good enough.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom