1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by subbytna, Aug 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Gregster

Caporegime

That doesn't sound good and I can see where you are coming from. I will stick with the Armour though and see how it goes should I need to RMA etc and keep others informed. I have never needed to RMA anything except a motherboard to Asrock and a GPU to Asus and Asrock were nice and quick (2 weeks iirc) and Asus took 6 weeks :(

2. Robzere31

Mobster

Just heard back from Nvidia regarding the FE 1080ti I returned after it had no signal.
    It had a waterblock fitted to it & I sent the card back on the off chance they would refund or replace.

Good news, they have refunded in full :D

3. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Excellent news and has put my mind at ease!

4. spot35

Gangster

Very good news.

What happens to cards that are RMA'd in this fashion? Are they fixable? Can they be refurbished, or given the precision engineering required, are they just bricks at that point and discarded / recycled?

5. Menta38

Associate

[/QUOTE]What happens to cards that are RMA'd in this fashion? Are they fixable? Can they be refurbished, or given the precision engineering required, are they just bricks at that point and discarded / recycled?[/QUOTE]

I always wanted to know, maybe depends on the defect, probably if it is board related just unsolder the cpu and memory and refit on another pcb mount the same cooler and be done. Or throw it in the trash :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  6. The Artfull Bodger

Gangster

Glad to here that, just out of curiosity, the pads that weren't replaced with thermals on waterblock, mine disintegrated removing them - were yours ok? Suppose I'd just have to stick some extra thermal pads there if i need to RMA - reckon they would notice though.

7. boot_shark

Associate

That's encouraging to hear. Running at same res on same monitor at HIGH with 980Ti, im sitting 40-50 fps which feels yucky. Will postpone more gametime until 1080Ti arrives!

8. The Artfull Bodger

Gangster

Out of interset, what cpu you running , my ti with 3790k is only hitting 78-62ish FPS in that game on those settings/resolution.

9. Glanza

Capodecina

4770k @ 4.5ghz

10. opethdisciple

Capodecina

So you guys weren't afraid of buying a 1080ti with Vega so close?

I ask as I'm on the fence about buying a 1070.

11. Razor Time

Mobster

Not at all. When ever I have waited for AMD it has been met with disappointment and I have a Gsync display.

12. The Artfull Bodger

Gangster

K rhanks, not sure then. I did do custom after selecting ultra and there were higher settings - changing from hbao to hbao full took a performance hit

13. Curlyriff

Wise Guy

I think the difference with the 1080Ti is almost no one is expecting Vega to put perform it even on price to performance. A number think they could match it and then most feel it will be a shade under what Nvidia have given us now and so have been willing to take the risk based on AMD track record.

I'm at the point where I feel that AMD are finally back in the right direction and thus not so confident on going with Nvidia again this time around in honesty and even if they only have the same performance I would like to try and support AMD if only to keep the market competitive. Now I'm only one fish in a very large pond but I hope e enough other people feel the same way.

14. smogsy

Sgarrista

i cant buy AMD, got 3 Gsync panels, but I doubt Vega will compete with a 1080ti, i wish AMD do have a 7970 up their sleeve though!

15. OG Don Mecca

Gangster

same here bro

16. Adrian1976

Gangster

I was a fan of amd upto the 7970 days however since then yes nvidia always been faster, however i highly doubt vega will cost £800 in fact I'm certain it won't, nvidia is being greedy lately !

17. Curlyriff

Wise Guy

I agree they won't. The 1080Ti is £699 and I believe the top Vega will be around the £600-£650 mark personally.

18. Adrian1976

Gangster

Sorry i meant custom cards, amd also have a lot to learn from their ridiculous pricing when the fury was released as do nvidia

19. Robzere31

Mobster

I'd purchased a second card so the couple of memory thermal pads that were unusable on the retuning card I replaced with pads from the second one.

20. SupernovaUK

Associate

I just noticed that "ETA: 14th April 2017" is now showing when you hover your mouse on the "Pre Order" text for...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...xpress-graphics-card-zt-p10810-gx-10f-zt.html

Can Gibbo or anyone else from OCUK comment on where this date came from and how solid it is at this stage?

I pre ordered one of these beasties back on the launch day for the Ti so hopefully I'm near the front of the queue!