• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Gaming Performance Previewed – AMD Calls It “Unappealing”, On Par With A Rade

Soldato
In terms of price/performance the extra £30 or so seems like a bit of a no brainer.

You can pick up a 960 for £158, the average used 780 seems to be around £220-250 depending on model, that's a hefty chunk of money for someone who's on mid range budget.

It's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be, it's 1080p performance combined with it's noise, heat and power performance are pretty good.

Caporegime
Outright performance is not great but the GPU has a lot of potential being so efficient and cool.

I expect prices will drop a lot when AMD get their next gen cards out and that is when the 960 would become more tempting. Nvidia can lower prices of these puppies much more than AMD can likely do with their bigger chips.

Caporegime
Well the Gigabyte and Asus cards are bang on what I predicted (£195). The MSI is a few notes cheaper tho.

The fact that there is a £50 price difference from top to bottom is amazing, given that this is a mid-range card. Not sure who will pay the full £200 when cheaper alternatives exist.

Soldato
Bit-techs review makes it out to be barely faster than a GTX760.

Not checked any others but .... oh dear. It does use less power but realistically a 760 wasn't a massive power hog in the first place.

The pricing seems the wrong side of £150. The cards costing over £180 are LOL worthy.

Caporegime
lol it stinks. Might not smell so bad if priced at 150 and below.

They will quickly hit that price point. I think OCUK have a Palit for 158 on pre-order. My bet is by the time AMD join the party they will be in the 130-160 range, could be down to 120-140.

Back
Top Bottom